Fry's Electronics now has AA and AAA batteries that have a built-in charger
inside the battery.

It uses a microUSB cord that you plug into whatever kind of power-bank you
have available,
be it a battery-pack or charger, or lantern, or wind-up gizmo.

These new batteries only have capactiy of 80 mAh at 5 volts for AAA and 110
mAh for AA size.

2-packs are $ 10 plus tax, and are under the brand name

"Joule Cell."

I can not see any reason to own these, but haven't put any thought into it
yet.
But they might be a good white-elephant gift at a caver party.

On a related topic, Fry's also has a keychain light by SureFire, that cost
a whopping
$ 70 plus tax.    You read that right - approximately seventy-one US
buckaroos.

Astronomers now believe the best place to look for "limestone" caves in our
known Universe is a
group of 3 exoplanets about the star they call "Trappist-1."    These
exoplanets are labeled "e,"
"f," and "g,"       The theory is that enough water and organic life exist
to form karst.
( okay, I just made that all up, but it sounds good to me )

David Locklear
still retired
NSS # 27639