If you mail him a letter, please feel free to include this one below:

Dear Bob,

At TCR in 1986, you donated a very rare Headmaster caving helmet as a door
prize, and it was the top door prize that year.

My name was drawn, to much hisses and sneers and laughter for winning that
awesome helmet.

I had already been around cavers for 3 big events and had already developed
a reputation as a shy, quiet, timid, reserved caver with exquisite
technical skills.   ( okay, all of that is reverse humor ).

That helmet is still my only caving helmet 30 years later, and it has worn
a variety of headlamps over the years.

Unfortunately, it has been in a box for 8 years, but I hope to dust it off
someday.   Hopefully, I will put some awesome LED light rig on it.  And
hopefully some caver will wear it on their underground journeys after I am
gone.

You and I waited out the flooded road together for 2 hours at Chalk Bluff,
west of Uvalde, Texas, after TCR around 1999.

I bought a rare t-shirt from you around 1987, and it has never ever been
out of the package.    It is the one with the caver staring at all the
soda-straws.
I am probably to fat to wear it now.

I had a taco with you at the 1987 N.S.S. BOG in Bellaire, Texas, ( a suburb
of Houston. )

I can only guess that I went to your mobile-store at 20 caving events.   It
was a highlight at many of those events.   As in those days, you could not
find any suitable gear in stores.

It was fun to get your new product catalogue each year, and dream about
buying new gear.

David Locklear
NSS # 27639