Around 1995, a group of cavers met at the park and visited 2 caves 7 miles
west of there.

Below is a very fuzzy memory:

Attendees were James Loftin, his friend Pearson ??, myself and Oren
Tranbarger and his wife, Barbara and a girl on a motorcycle with a dog seat.
She was formerly a DFW caver in the 80s and had once had a major rappelling
accident and had worn a body-cast.   I think her name was Susan.   She was
living in Alpine at the time.

We entered a 30 foot pit that we later learned was probably Buckner Pit.
James tried to make a video.    The pit had a promising dig at the
water-table level.   Ask Pearson.

About 2 miles or less west of there, we ridge-walked on a ranch with
several small caves that hit the water table.    The bedrock was flakey
breccia, and any diving there looked. dangerous.

We ran out of time and solid leads, but we talked of going back someday.

Maybe there is a trip report somewhere.

It seems all like a dream now.

David Locklear