According to a Google obituary search today using 2017 as a criteria,

Ray Lindsey of Maryville, Tennessee passed away on May 18th after
just turning 54.    He allegedly liked caving in North Carolina.

David V. Hunt, 74, of Piscataway, New Jersey passed away, March 5, 2017
He was an avid caver and a lifelong member of the National Speleological
Society.

Timothy Gifford Stenerson, 56, died on March 5, 2017 at Potter Ridge,
Minnesota.
Tim really enjoyed hunting for fossils.   Another hobby was caving with
other caving friends. They would explore caves.

William Kyle "W.K." Rogers Jr. died on February 14, 2017 in Roswell Georgia.
 He was 62 years old.  He enjoyed mountain-climbing and caving.

Jack Erwin Johnson, age 50, of Somerset, Kentucky passed way, June 20, 2017

Delos Wilder Hale, 94, passed away, January 2, 2017 in Logan, Utah.
He was distinguished for his lifelong service in the Boy Scouts.
Delos loved taking the boys camping, hiking, and cave exploring.

There may be a subtle difference between female and male obituaries.
 Maybe the male
obituaries tend to focus on their achievements and hobbies, while the
female obituaries
might tend to lean more towards, friends, family and religion.

David Locklear

P.S.

On a non-related personal note, not related to anything relevant,
whatsoever,

I was whining about 2 months ago, that the reason I could not
fly to the NSS Convention, was that one of my customers ripped me off back
in April,
and threw my budget into complete chaos.   The j*rkw*d finally paid today,
but my bank put a 4-day hold on it.
I should have just gone to his bank and cashed it before he changes his
mind.   He
still owes me $ 95, and he is already whining about that.    Being
self-employed is really
really hard if you don't have any capital.    You want to just tell them to
go F themselves, but
you just can't.

My mechanic decided to take a 2 day nap, and has not yet removed one single
bolt or
screw from the Sequoia.   ( I should have never towed it from Mansfield to
Houston. )
They don't work weekends, so it looks like it will be later next week
before I know anything.
He is saying now, that I might as well replace the 8 year old crappy
radiator, since he has to pull it out,
and he would be happy and willing to do that for $ 300 extra.   I watched a
YouTube video on it,
and 2 mechanics pulled it straight up and out in a few hours, and he claims
he doesn't want to have
to remove the hood, and instead bring it out the front.    That engine is
99% aluminum and plastic.
No wonder it overheated and died.    There are plenty of reports of blown
engines in that model, but
for a camshaft issue.   The mechanic still has no idea what failed or why.

There is sort of a cave-scene in the new movie "War for the Planet of the
Apes" and the Apes
apparently are very familiar with LED flashlights, and climbing
static-kernmantle rope barehanded.
This movie may be far-fetched.    The Apes can shoot with automatic assault
rifles, but there is no
scene where they are cleaning or maintaining or loading the weapons.    The
human survivors of the Simian
Flu think they are immune, so they want to keep the Apes as domestic
livestock, and work them to
death.     The original book is really really good.   Probably something is
lost in the French translation,
but it is one of my favorites.