I was wondering if anyone had experience or techniques for extracting bailing
wire plugs from a sinkhole ?

We know where the really good leads are on a ranch because the rancher that
previously owned the property threw bailing wire into the really nice sinkholes
to plug the holes up.
We have looped chains through the bailing wire and pulled plugs out of several
sinkholes successfully....and found several new caves.

The "plugged" sinks are upstream of a very large cave in the recharge area.

But one of the best sinkhole leads has us mystified.

The bailing wire is rusted and fragile. And there is significant organic matter
captured in the wire mat. So the previous technique is not working.

We have several untested ideas.

But thought someone might have experienced this before. Any ideas ?

Please contact me offline with responses.

John Brooks

Sent from my iPhone