--- Begin Message ---
 Well said Geary!If nothing more, David makes us feel good about ourselves.Bill
    On Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 12:43:36 PM MST, Geary Schindel via
Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

 Folks,

I enjoy reading most posts by David and have come to admire him for his
eccentric personality and heart felt writing. David has some time on his hands
because of the nature of his work. This allows him to explore topics and ponder
questions many of us never think about. David is an important part of our
caving community and deserves some respect.

His posts reminds me of the monograph from Squire Lewis titled Chronicles of
the Old Reading Grotto which was published some years ago. It is about a trip
Squire and other cavers from Pennsylvania took to the 1968? NSS Convention in
California. The book wasn't so much about caving, though they did some as they
traveled to California and then back again by way of Mexico, Texas, TAG, etc.
but more about the road less traveled and personifies what it meant to be a
caver (and maybe still does).

David is a kind and gentle soul and would do anything in his power to help you
out if you needed it. He has no ill will towards anyone. He sometimes scrapes
by in life and yet has one of the most positive attitudes of anyone I know.

The internet is a big and sometimes ugly place. Some people hide behind their
computer screens and write all kinds of nasty things about others, distortions
and even outright lies, play passive aggressive games, and bully people. It can
also be used to bridge cultural gaps, make friends you'll never meet, educate
yourself or hide from society, and it lets you explore the world from your
desktop.

Charlie loves to tease David in a good natured way and I also enjoy his posts
but others go out of their way to harass and even bully. Maybe a little more
respect for others would be in order.

Geary