Great news.
Preston-WKSS

    On Friday, February 9, 2018 5:57 AM, George Veni <gv...@nckri.org> wrote:

 #yiv8030282013 #yiv8030282013 -- .yiv8030282013EmailQuote
{margin-left:1pt;padding-left:4pt;border-left:#800000 2px solid;}#yiv8030282013
The trapped cavers spent a couple of days or so underground and got out safely
with no injuries.
George

Sent from my phone
********************George Veni, PhDPresident, International Union of
Speleology andExecutive Director National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USAOffice:
+1-575-887-5517Mobile: +1-210-863-5919Fax: +1-575-887-5523gv...@nckri.org
www.nckri.org

-------- Original message --------
From: "Lee H. Skinner" <skin...@thuntek.net>
Date: 2/8/18 22:39 (GMT-07:00)
To: New Mexico Cavers <swrcav...@googlegroups.com>, Texas Cavers
<Texascavers@texascavers.com>, Sandia Grotto
<sandia-grotto-of-the-national-speleological-soci...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [SWR CAVERS] A couple of January 2018 cave articles of interest

Here are a couple of interesting cave articles I came upon while
browsing the internet:

1.  Canada's deepest cave found, described as 'a refrigerator' (Jan. 17)

The cave, called Bisaro Anima, is only accessible by helicopter. It is
5.3 km long and 670 meters deep, with its longest shaft measuring 105
meters:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/canadas-deepest-cave-discovered-by-calgary-researchers-in-british-columbia-bisaro-anima-2018/93826

2. Eight remain trapped in Western Europe’s longest cave  (Jan. 23)

Eight men trapped in the Hölloch cave network in Switzerland’s Muotathal
valley since January 21 can only be rescued this weekend at the earliest
due to heavy rainfall. They are unhurt and are currently stuck in a
water-tight bivouac.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/business/swiss-spelunking-_eight-trapped-in-western-europe-s-longest-cave-/43842056

I have no further updates on these stories.  I hope the Swiss cavers are
out by now.

Lee Skinner

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/swrcavers/7a2640a0-5339-17b1-72b7-47add2aa567c%40thuntek.net.