The machinery the AMCS had used for our email list has broken, and in view of
the difficulties of maintaining such an ever-growing list and the numerous
other social-media outlets now used by cavers, we've decided to just ask that
this announcement, including this preamble, be forwarded or posted to other
relevant places such as grotto and regional email lists, Facebook groups, and
expedition rosters.

The Association for Mexican Cave Studies' annual magazine, the AMCS Activities
Newsletter, seeks articles and news on any important cave explorations and
discoveries in Mexico for issue 41, to appear in early summer. An article
should include all available cave maps and a selection of photographs to be
considered for color printing. There is no size limit; the record so far is
37,000 words. Authors may provide a Spanish abstract, or one will be provided
for them. News items to appear in the "Mexico News" section should be one or a
few paragraphs and include relevant maps; they may include a photograph.
Deadline for material for number 41 is May 15, 2018. Examples of recent issues
may be seen as PDF files from http://www.mexicancaves.org/nl/cat.html.

--Bill Mixon, edi...@mexicancaves.org