I know quite a few of you are bookworms and might even be able to guess
what this is about

The words below were allegedly written by someone

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

All things belonging to the earth will never change

the leaf, the blade, the flower, the wind that cries and sleeps and wakes
again

the trees whose stiff arms clash and tremble in the dark

and the dust of lovers long since buried in the earth

all things proceeding from the earth to seasons

all things that lapse and change and come again upon the earth

these things will always be the same

for they come up from the earth that never changes

they go back into the earth that lasts forever.

Only the earth endures, but it endures forever.

[ Disclaimer:  I may have the wrong author in mind, but they had the same
name ]

David Locklear