Actually, Logan’s description pretty much says it all. A handhold broke and
Gary made the first descent of the waterfall. That was in October 1979 when we
broke the Texas depth record and on our first exploration of that lovely stream
passage.

We were too excited to be phased by the plunge, but were disappointed when we
found a sump around the corner. We bypassed it via an upper level on a later
trip, found a second sump that we also bypassed by climbing high, and
downstream exploration remains stopped at a third sump that will need diving.

George

********************
George Veni, PhD
Executive Director
National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI)
and
President
International Union of Speleology (UIS)

Direct address at NCKRI