Halitetites

Interesting. For reference, I (with the help of Dave Belski who did not want to
be associated with this learned article) wrote up something about the similar
halitetites forming in the salt excavations east of Carlsbad.

Deal, D. E., 1986, "Secondary Mineralization in the Excavations for the Waste
Isolation Pilot Plant, Southeastern New Mexico," Southwestern Cavers,
Southwestern Region, National Speleological Society, December.

I gave my copy of that publication away to Jim Evatt a vfew years ago, but
think there were several photographs that went with the article. The halite
stalactites were not as well developed as in the Spanish salt mine.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/spanish-mountain-made-salt-180969946/?utm_source=smithsoniandaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/29/2018%20Daily%20Newsletter&spMailingID=35811595&spUserID=NzQwNDU4MTU4MjQS1&spJobID=1342992285&spReportId=MTM0Mjk5MjI4NQS2

There was a lot more time to form those you see in Spain, and in other salt
mines around the world. The ones we reported on had formed in a few years. How
time passes!

DirtDoc