From: Texascavers <texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com> On Behalf Of Fritz Holt
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:16 AM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Cc: June Levy <kittymr...@aol.com>; Mandy Holt <geekazoidman...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] critters in caves

David’s comments raises a question I have. I have been wading Hill Country
rivers (Frio, Nueces and Sabinal)and exploring their rocky cliffs and caves for
65 years. I have had encounters with rattlers, water snakes, various lizards
and centipedes. I love them all but am especially fascinated with the large
centipedes. The largest ones I have seen were between four and five inches
long. I seem to remember their coloration was black and various shades of red,
yellow and orange. I may have picked up one or two without gloves but was never
bitten or stung. I assume they can inflict pain but guess I was lucky (as
always) and would like some feedback on this. Are they harmful?

Fritz Holt

fritz...@gmail.com <mailto:fritz...@gmail.com>

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 30, 2019, at 1:54 PM, David <dlocklea...@gmail.com