Folks,

Today’s brown bag presentation is an automatic slide show of photographs from
some of the most amazing, hard to reach, and secret areas of our planet. You’ll
see some outstanding photographs of caves, cavers, and some amazing –
unbelievable formations  from around the world - all put to award winning
music. Get a taste of what wild caving is all about without leaving the comfort
of your chair.

Folks, this is some real eye candy in a Zen like setting. So, bring your lunch,
get your mellow on, and enjoy an outstanding presentation. Oh, feel free to
bring cookies to share.

The presentation will last about 35 minutes and afterwards, there will be a
short discussion about the Death of Floyd Collins. This is the 90th anniversary
of the rescue attempt of Floyd Collins in a Kentucky cave which became an
international news event and one of the first carried live on radio.

Geary

Edwards Aquifer Philosophical Society –
aka brown bag luncheon

Thursday, February 7, 2019 at Noon

Best of the National Speleological Society Photo Salon 2017

At

Edwards Aquifer Authority
Training Room
900 E Quincy Street, San Antonio, TX 78215

The National Speleological Society 2017 Photo Salon will be presented on
Thursday, February 7, 2019 from Noon. to 1:00 P.M. in the Training Room at the
Edwards Aquifer Authority, 900 E. Quincy Street, San Antonio, Texas. These are
informal presentations so please feel free to bring your lunch. You may also
contact the EAA at 210.222.2204 or
www.edwardsaquifer.org<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edwardsaquifer.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Chongjie.xie%40utsa.edu%7Cb8249f574727419a2c9b08d638e7bfc4%7C3a228dfbc64744cb88357b20617fc906%7C0%7C0%7C636758965407504256&sdata=pVAFmaWqgi5%2BlaaLAjDR27laOlMyLogqXnvplQjjwpY%3D&reserved=0>
 for additional directions.

If you are traveling a long distance for the talk, I would recommend that you
call our receptionist at 210.222.2204 that morning to make sure that the talk
is still scheduled.  On very rare occasions, we have had to cancel or move the
talk.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Abstract:

Each year, the National Speleological Society (NSS) presents a photo salon at
their annual convention. This competitive event showcases the very best of cave
photography from around the world.  Over 500 photos are submitted each year and
in 2017, about 100 were selected for showing. This 30-minute long program will
present images from 18 photographers along with award-winning music by Keith
Goggin (Houston, Texas). The salon gives the viewer a taste of the wide range
of caves and caving – from the beautiful to the bizarre and spectacular. Come
enjoy the world of caving from the comfort of a chair.

There will be a question and answer session on caves and caving after the
viewing.

Copies of the Photo Salon CD will be available for $15 after the event.
Proceeds are used to support the NSS Photo Salon.

I would arrive early to obtain a good seat.

[https://ucarecdn.com/cfe99bfa-9ee9-4330-862f-aee807af1b4c/-/resize/132x68/img.png]<http://www.edwardsaquifer.org/>

Geary Schindel

Chief Technical Officer,
Aquifer Management Services