Reminds me of the time we drove from Dallas to Mazatlan, crossed to La Paz on
the ferry on a stormy night, drove all around Baja to Santa Rosalia where we
crossed back across the gulf to Guaymas. At that time there were no road maps
or WAC charts that showed any road connection with the Copper Canyon area, but
we pressed on asking for the trail to Chihuahua and were able to drive all the
way back to Juarez. The rough road broke an internal connection on the battery,
so going back over the Sierras we had to always park on a hill so the next
morning we could roll down the hill to start. Great trip!

 - Pete