Charlie, it is only to help my caving friends sneak LED headlamps out of
the store.

If any of you find yourself stranded in west Houston before August 14th, I
have a nearly empty 3 bedroom apartment that is available as refuge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw0h7d13xwionn6/moving-out.jpg?dl=0

I am really dreading having to take down the Christmas decorations so early.

If any of you are watching NetFlix, there is a show called, "The Cell."
The antagonist is played by a guy almost identical to the Sunni that gave
me a ride while hitch-hiking from Hot Springs to Texarkana.  ( no offense
to my Sunni friends on here ).   He and his colleagues use Google Map
Favorites to pinpoint hundreds USA landmarks, one of which was the famous
property at Walker's Point.  He was going to drop me off on westside of
Texarkana, but I gambled and got out on the northeast side in Arkansas. I
was hoping I would catch a ride towards Houston instead of Dallas.    That
choice in location was the second dumbest decision that I have ever made in
my entire life ( next to getting married ).  Buzzards were circling over my
head, by the time some Good Samaritan ( old Aggie ) rescued me.

The good news, is that I now own the world speed record for travelling for
free from Cookeville, Tennessee to Bellaire, Texas at 49 hours.

At least one caver, would have drove me to Dallas had I waited 5 days.  I
could not do that.  I would like to thank him here for the offer.

If I can make it to a future gathering at the TSC, I really need to get rid
of some stuff in my storage unit.   I doubt Goodwill would want it.   At
this point, I may have to give it away, but if I stuffed my Sequoia full,
it should be worth $ 50 worth of stuff in a yard sale.

I forgot to mention that the best source of reports of the NSS Convention
were on the NSS community page, and most of those were by a notable and
prominent Texas caver.