Oh David-learn how to cook...😢💤

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 16, 2019, at 8:19 PM, David
<dlocklea...@gmail.com<mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I am giving the video in the link below a merit award, but only as a "clip,"
and not as
an entire video

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-xFXON0BU

at 50 seconds, the cameraman has to get out of the way, and so for about
30 seconds the clip is not watchable, but then the caver being filmed appears
to bypass the awkward restriction.

I have been in several wet squeezes.      Klar's Ranch Salamander Cave ( # 1 or
# 2 ?? )
Eriks River Cave in Indiana, and Lamplighter's Cave in Indiana.

I have been stuck momentarily in some dry squeezes
The One-Legged-Man Passage in Airman's ( long legs ), and The Corkscrew in
Midnight Cave in Carta Valley ( only because I was fat )

I think any other tight spots that I encountered ( in the late 80's ) where
only because I was 6 feet tall
and had broad shoulders and was over-weight.

D.L.

I have a question for you.

Imagine yourself as self-employed and all alone operating
some sort of business - as your only source of income ( no other money coming
in ).
How much money, would you realistically expect to profit per day after
subtracting expenses and taxes ?
I don't see how anybody can do it.   I worked my tail off today, and while I
may eventually
someday get paid $ 100 for that work, I had $ 50 in gas expenses, and overhead
related
to an office, fax machine, internet, cell-phone, car repairs, taxes.
( One can write off just about everything though, so when it
is all said and done, there is not enough taxable income to even pay for social
security )
But you got to figure in the dead-days, or in my case dead-weeks.     I do pay
my
fair share of taxes, as I eat out 14 meals per week, and stay in motels, and
buy lots and lots
of gas.    For the past 21 years, about 10 % of my income probably went to
sales taxes.