Sent from my iPhoneX

Begin forwarded message:

From: JamesJasek <caver...@hot.rr.com>
Date: July 22, 2019 at 12:51:09 PM CDT
To: Logan McNatt <lmcn...@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Brunton

The Brass Brunton I have is a faithful reproduction but I’m sure it’s a copy.
Mine says Brinton not Brunton. It is also marked MKI 1914. It’s pretty and a
paper weight. I knew this when I bought it.

I bought my Brunton as Army surplus for $25 around 1962. I used it to survey
inner space and was accurate. I was able to close loops in the cave to less
than one foot.

I learned to use the Brunton by Orion Knox and Al Brandt.  Al is now dead and
was a good friend.

The military Brunton or M2 came with a mils scale. I bought a 0-360 scale from
Bob and Bob. I still have it and use it.

Jim

Sent from my iPhoneX