Thanks to everyone who responded to my initial query about the brass Brunton. Tom Walker was the first to reply, followed by CaverPete Lindsley. Not surprisingly, Pete was the only one who "noted around 30 differences with an authentic Brunton." Everyone who followed expressed a similar opinion as Tom and Pete.