With all the gloom and doom in the news, I thought I would post something
enlightening

See photo in link below

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRuophYnz-dduRwKJKYl7mka5KmGBZbKcPdFbc4Ui4iy26w39uo

That is the nose cone that protects the payload on SpaceX Falcon Rocket.
It breaks apart like a clam-shell

Now watch video below

https://youtu.be/9k98XgJ7Ye8

A lot of people have claimed Elon Musk was crazy or worse, but he and his
team have proven every one of those naysayers and haters wrong.

This was allegedly the second successful catch.

Now they need 2 catcher-boats

The implications of this feat are numerous.

A whole new industry can now be created - that is - catching falling things
off rockets from the edge of the atmosphere

Imagine 20 tourist paying for a part-way ride and then riding a bobsled all
the way down at 700 mph.  ( Or maybe even in the speleo-submarine LOL ! )

The fairings can now be made of extremely expensive materials and designed
to do more than just fall, and be designed to be reused hundreds of times

The practice of catching the payload fairings should aid in expediting the
launch of scientist, rovers, and robots to the caves of the Moon, and
hopefully beyond.

It is an exciting achievement.

D.L.