The person right they are living in Austin that you can contact is Terry Raines
he’s been caring since he was 16 and I know him he’s a good friend

Sent from my iPhoneX

> On Apr 24, 2020, at 8:59 AM, James Jasek <caverjm4...@gmail.com> wrote:

The person to contact for this information and in Texas is Carl Kunath

Sent from my iPhoneX

> On Apr 24, 2020, at 7:49 AM, kara posso <k.po...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Below is a message i received from a fellow through the grotto email the other
day. I thought that he would have better luck solving his mystery with the help
of all of you since my institutional knowledge does not go back this far. Ross
is included on this email, please reply to hum or remember to hit REPLY ALL to
keep him on the email chain since he is not signed up on the listserve.

Also Ross, if there is anyway you can share the comic strip (or part of it) i
am sure people would be interested to see!

Thanks folks!
Kara

My name is Ross Burns, and several people on Facebook suggested that I post
this question to your group.It concerns spelunking in the Austin area in the
period of 1953-54.

I am a fan of the old Pogo comic strips by Walt Kelly. He frequently mentions
real people. events, and groups in the strip. I have been reading a recent
re-issue of the strips for 1955 and 1956. In a storyline  he published
beginning in January of 1955, he repeatedly mentions the University of Texas
Spelunking Team. Partly I know that he loved to play with words including
spelunking. However the repeated mention of UT and Texas over 2 or 3 months,
makes me wonder if there was a particular event that he was referring to.  Some
of the characters are trying to reach the team to help rescue a frog that was
swallowed by Albert the alligator. So, it may have been some sort of rescue or
similar event.

Since Kelly wrote the strips well ahead of publication date, he probably
started this storyline in November or December of 1954.

I would appreciate any information that you might be able to shed on this
mystery.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Ross Burns