New update. Jim was moved to better wing, working all therapy, eating as best
he can, dealing with ups and downs of healing from the event, and quarantine
will be lifted Saturday if he does not test positive on Friday!!? All staff and
residents being tested per law. If Jim does not get tested, he will be
quarantined for another 14  days. If he tests positive - got it in there - he
will be quarantined for another 14 days. I wanted him home for birthday and
Father’s Day weekend, but after talk with head therapist, that might or might
not happen. She feels at this point he would truly benefit from more therapy
beyond that first Medicare covered 20 days, which is 11th or 12th. As long as
our supplemental picks up, that is ok. Having to do all therapy in his room is
restrictive. He would progress much faster if they could broaden his area of
access, and his mental outlook would improve vastly if he could socialize.
Another 14 days of isolation would be awful, and truly retard his healing
progress. I worry though that if any of his care givers test positive, will he
be automatically quarantined?!! So, please send prayers and good thoughts for
him to test negative, as well as all care givers. The long term residents would
not be affected like Jim - who is supposed to come home! Since I have not seen
him since he went in on the 23rd, I honestly have no real idea of how he is
doing functionally. I get that question, but just don’t know. All I know is
from phone calls with him, nurses, and therapists (rarely). Stay well and safe,
please! This situation is just not good for anyone at this time☹️

Mimi Jasek
254-495-0416

Sent from my iPhone