Please send me the lead list.

Thanks,
Diana

Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816
diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu>
(214) 645-6383 (phone)
(214) 645-6353 (fax)

On Jun 18, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Bill Steele
<cwilliamste...@gmail.com<mailto:cwilliamste...@gmail.com>> wrote:

EXTERNAL MAIL

Thanks to the agreement between the Texas Cave Management Association (TCMA}
and the owners of Honey Creek Cave, at 21 miles in length the longest cave in
Texas, dates have been set through the end of 2022 to resume the exploration
and survey of the cave. There are 173 remaining leads.  Most of them are a long
way into the cave. About a third of them are direct aid climbing leads.
Texas grottos are hereby asked to field an exploration/survey team (or two) for
the September 24 – 26, 2021 weekend. Upon request by the grotto chairman or an
interested grotto member, I will send the lead list and a corresponding map of
the cave showing the location of the leads. My recommendation is to ask to
reserve two or three leads in the same proximity of the cave. I will answer
what questions you may have.
This is a wetsuit cave. A wetsuit is mandatory. Ask me about wetsuits if you
don’t have one. You will need to camp at the ranch on Friday night to be there
for the team meeting after breakfast Saturday morning. The cave is located near
Bergheim, Texas, about 30 miles NNW of San Antonio. Most of the leads are a
long way into the cave, so the trips will be long, and you will probably want
to also camp out Saturday night. There will be a campfire and tales of caving.

Bill Steele
Irving, Texas
cwilliamste...@gmail.com<mailto:cwilliamste...@gmail.com>
speleoste...@aol.com<mailto:speleoste...@aol.com>

CAUTION: This email originated from outside UTSW. Please be cautious of links
or attachments, and validate the sender's email address before replying.