Hi,

Are you still interested in such a project ?

Bertrand

———————-

WYSIWYG literate programming
Massimiliano Gubinelli  27, 2009; 10:31am

Hi,
I would like to "advertise" TeXmacs (http://www.texmacs.org/) to the Haskell
comunity as a possible front-end for literate programming in Haskell (and GHCI
interaction). TeXmacs is a system which allows the production of documents
featuring high quality typesetting (comparable to TeX) and high level of
customizability (a la Emacs). It does not rely on TeX for the typesetting (but
can export to Latex, HTML, etc..). It is written in C++ (unfortunately not
Haskell) and use Scheme as extension language (specifically Guile). It has been
in use for at least 10 years and has plugins for many external applications
like Pari, Axiom, Maxima, Octave, R, Yacas, etc...

>From the webpage: "GNU TeXmacs is a free wysiwyw (what you see is what you
>want) editing platform with special features for scientists. The software aims
>to provide a unified and user friendly framework for editing structured
>documents with different types of content (text, graphics, mathematics,
>interactive content, etc.). The rendering engine uses high-quality typesetting
>algorithms so as to produce professionally looking documents, which can either
>be printed out or presented from a laptop."

It would be nice to develop a pluging for GHC/GHCI to allow "direct" literate
programming style with high-quality rendering. (If someone want to try before I
find the time to do it myself.... )

Massimiliano