Dear Max, dear all,

thank you Max for your email. I tried TeXmacs Vue very quickly and it
seemed to work without that much latency and didn't face any bug.

I try to use AI not to code TeXmacs but to let Claude, Gemini and
others know how to write docs within texmacs. And specific .tm are
pretty rare. So I try to train some AIs with some .tm documents.
Without being that succesfull.

Best regards,

Marc

Le 2026-10-02T16:12:26.000+02:00, Massimiliano Gubinelli
<[email protected]> a écrit :

> Dear all,
> 
>  I’m experimenting with using Claude to develop TeXmacs. I do no
> know what are the feelings of the others developers in this
> direction, so I kept my AI work in my github
> (https://☆IK-LINK-HTML{0}☆) and haven’t committed anything to
> Savannah.
> 
> There are various directions:
> 
> 1) I’m sweeping over all the bugs in Savannah which are not
> assigned and let Claude analyze, test and propose PR for them.
> (filed as GH issues)
> 2) I’m writing new test suites and in the process finding bugs
> (branch wip_more_tests)
> 3) I’ve completed the OpenType MATH support (branch wip_opentype)
> 4) I’ve added some support for variable fonts on top of
> wip_opentype (branch wip_variable_fonts)
> 5) I’ve added a new Cocoa backend and finished my work on a
> immediate GUI backed on top of SDL called Vue (branch
> wip_other_guis) + new set of icons
> 6) I’ve packaged many of these improvements and adapted to work in
> the browser via Webasm (branch wip_wasm_vue). The app is called
> TeXmacs Vue, and can be tested
> here: https://mgubi.github.io/texmacs/
> 
> In the process I’m recording the issues in the GH issue tracker as
> mostly they are generated by Claude, so I want to keep them
> separated by the bugs in savannah. 
> 
> Overall I’m quite satisfied, but I want to review the code before
> proposing any patch to TeXmacs and even before this discuss together
> what are the policy of the project wrt. to AI content. 
> 
> Would be happy to hear what you think and agree on some workflow and
> rules. 
> 
> Best,
> 
> Max
> 
> -------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Texmacs-dev mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/texmacs-dev

Envoyé avec la messagerie d'Infomaniak [https://ik.me], The Ethical
Cloud.
_______________________________________________
Texmacs-dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/texmacs-dev

Reply via email to