[first of all, please keep discussion on this list in english]

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:24:01 +0200, "Goebel, Juergen" wrote:

 [what's wrong with the following construct?]

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>  \stepwise{%
>  \begin{enumerate}
>   \step{\color{colori}\item Einleitung}
>   \step{\color{colorii}\item Antennen und Wellenausbreitung}
> [...]
>   \step{\color{colorxi}\item Anwendungen}
>  \end{enumerate}
>  }                           % <- Zeile 44
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 [it yields the following error message]

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.44  }
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, \stepwise is very thorough in hiding its argument,
so for the very first step, the argument of \stepwise looks
like this:

 \begin{enumerate}
 \end{enumerate}

which is illegal in LaTeX, so the error message is as precise
as could be ;-)

I advise to include the whole list into the first step,
like this:

 \stepwise{%
 \step{%
 \begin{enumerate}
  \color{colori}\item Einleitung
  \step{\color{colorii}\item Antennen und Wellenausbreitung}
[...]
  \step{\color{colorxi}\item Anwendungen}
 \end{enumerate}
 }%
 }                           % <- Zeile 44

regards
Stephan

--
  Stephan Lehmke                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I   Tel. +49 231 755 6434