hi,
just completed watching the film bucket list.
this film has jack nicholson (jn) and morgan freeman (mf) in the lead. 
both are terminally and in the same room of the cancer ward owned by jn.
jn is a multi billionaire and mf is a true blue collar.
while jn is also a multi divorcee, mf is married to the same lady for many 
years.
naturally, jn learns what life is from mf.
both make the bucket list to be fulfilled before they die.
that is, the list of cheerful things they intend to achieve before they kick 
the 
bucket.
one of the very good movies one should not give a miss.
quotes from the film is below to encourage you to watch the film.   
by the way, learn how kopi luwak is made
 
 
Memorable quotes for
The Bucket List (2007) 
 
Carter Chambers: You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by 
you. 

     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Cole: We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round. 



________________________________

Edward Cole: Do you hate me? 
Carter Chambers: Not yet. 



________________________________

Carter Chambers: What are you so afraid of? 
Edward Cole: Just because I told you my story, does not invite you to be a part 
of it! 

Carter Chambers: Oh, like the lady in the bar? 
Edward Cole: That's different. 
Carter Chambers: Tell me how it's different. 
Edward Cole: I build a billion dollar business up from NOTHING! Presidents have 
asked my advice, I have dined with royalty, and i'm supposed to make out like 
what? This trip was supposed to MEAN something to me? Like it was gonna change 
ME? How did you see it playing out Carter, I knock on the door, she answers, 
she's surprised and angry, but I tell her how much I love her and miss her, and 
OH, by the way, I'm gonna be dead soon so I'm reaching out to you because I 
don't wanna die alone? 

Carter Chambers: Everyone's afraid to die alone. 
Edward Cole: I'm not everyone! This was supposed to be fun. That's all it ever 
was. 




________________________________

Thomas: I'm proud of you. 
Edward Cole: Nobody cares what you think. 



________________________________

Edward Cole: I want my own room. 
Thomas: You run hospitals, not health spas. Two beds to a room, no exceptions. 



________________________________

Thomas: What are you doing here? 
Carter Chambers: Fighting for my life. You? 



________________________________

Edward Cole: The sequel was like that. She never backed me up on anything. 
Carter Chambers: The sequel? 
Edward Cole: The second Mrs Edward Cole. 
[Carter rolls his eyes] 
Edward Cole: Hell, that woman hated me
Kyle the parachutist: Maybe because you called her the sequel. 



________________________________

Dr. Hollins: How are you doing? 
Edward Cole: Dumb question. 



________________________________


Carter Chambers: I hate your rotten guts! 



________________________________

Edward Cole: Here's something to remember when you're older Thomas - never pass 
up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart. 

Thomas: I'll remember that when I start "decrepitating" sir. 



________________________________

Carter Chambers: Forty-five years goes by pretty fast. 
Edward Cole: Like smoke through a keyhole. 



________________________________

Carter Chambers: Even now I cannot understand the measure of a life, but I can 
tell you this. I know that when he died, his eyes were closed and his heart was 
open. And I'm pretty sure he was happy with his final resting place, because he 
was buried on the mountain. And that was against the law. 




________________________________

Edward Cole: The simplest thing is... I loved him. And I miss him. Carter and I 
saw the world together. Which is amazing... When you think that only three 
months ago, we were complete strangers! I hope that it doesn't sound selfish of 
me but... the last months of his life were the best months of mine. He saved my 
life... And he knew it before I did. 




________________________________

Edward Cole: You're shitting me. 
Carter Chambers: No, the cats beat me to it! 



________________________________

[Carter hands Edward an article about Kopi Luwak, Edward's favorite coffee] 
Carter Chambers: Read it. 
Edward Cole: [reading] Kopi Luwak is the world's most expensive coffee. Though 
for some, it falls under the category of "too good to be true." In the Sumatran 
village, where the beans are grown, lives a breed of wild tree cat. These cats 
eat the beans, digest them and then... defecate. 

[pauses] 
Edward Cole: The villagers then collect and process the stools. It is the 
combination of the beans and the gastric juices of the tree cat that give Kopi 
Luwac... 

[Carter starts laughing] 
Edward Cole: ...its unique flavor... and aroma. You're shitting me! 
Carter Chambers: [laughing] Cats beat me to it! 
[Carter and Edward both laugh hysterically] 



________________________________

Edward Cole: You want some too? I'll have Thomas fix you a plate. 
Carter Chambers: No thanks. 
Edward Cole: You sure? Best in L.A. 
[later, throwing up] 
Carter Chambers: It ain't the best in L.A. no more. 



________________________________

Edward Cole: I envy people who have faith, I just can't get my head around it. 
Carter Chambers: Maybe because your head's in the way. 



________________________________

Edward Cole: [Carter's obsessing over a car] You gonna drive it or buy it a 
dress? 

Carter Chambers: Just getting to know each other. 



________________________________

Edward Cole: [Spoiler] 
[about his daughter and her husband] 
Edward Cole: The first time he hit her, she came to me. Wouldn't let me take 
care of it, said it was her fault, he'd had a rough day and too much to drink. 
The next time he hit her, she didn't come to me. The ex told me about it. So I 
wanted to be a good father, so I took care of it. I called a guy who called a 
guy who called his friends, they didn't kill him, what they did, I don't know, 
but he never bothered her again, and then she said I was dead to her. 

[/Spoiler] 



________________________________

Edward Cole: Somewhere, some lucky guy's having a heart attack. 



________________________________

Carter Chambers: Is it Tommy or Thomas? 
Thomas: It's Matthew, actually. He thought that was too biblical... 



________________________________

Edward Cole: What does a snail have to do to reincarnate? Leave the perfect 
trail of slime? 




________________________________

Carter Chambers: Edward, I've had baths that were deeper than you. 



________________________________

Carter Chambers: [in his letter to Edward] Dear Edward, I've gone back and 
forth 
the last few days trying to decide whether or not I should even write this. In 
the end, I realized I would regret it if I didn't, so here it goes. I know the 
last time we saw each other, we weren't exactly hitting the sweetest 
notes-certain wasn't the way I wanted the trip to end. I suppose I'm 
responsible 
and for that, I'm sorry. But in all honestly, if I had the chance, I'd do it 
again. Virginia said I left a stranger and came back a husband; I owe that to 
you. There's no way I can repay you for all you've done for me, so rather than 
try, I'm just going to ask you to do something else for me-find the joy in your 
life. You once said you're not everyone. Well, that's true-you're certainly not 
everyone, but everyone is everyone. My pastor always says our lives are streams 
flowing into the same river towards whatever heaven lies in the mist beyond the 
falls. Find the joy in your life, Edward. My dear friend, close your eyes and 
let the waters take you home. 




________________________________

Edward Cole: Good afternoon. My name is Edward Cole. I don't know what most 
people say at these occasions because in all honesty, I've tried to avoid them. 
The simplest thing is I loved him and I miss him. Carter and I saw the world 
together, which is amazing when you think that only three months ago we were 
complete strangers. I hope that it doesn't sound selfish of me, but the last 
months of his life were the best months of mine. He saved my life, and he knew 
it before I did. I'm deeply proud that this man found it worth his while to 
know 
me. In the end, I think it's safe to say that we brought some joy to one 
another's lives, so one day, when I go to some final resting place, if I happen 
to wake up next to a certain wall with a gate, I hope that Carter's there to 
vouch for me and show me the ropes on the other side. 




________________________________

Carter Chambers: Edward Perryman Cole died in May. It was a Sunday in the 
afternoon and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. He was 81 years old. Even now, I 
can't claim to understand the measure of a life, but I can tell you this: I 
know 
that when he died, his eyes were closed and his heart was open, and I'm pretty 
sure he was happy with his final resting place because he was buried on the 
mountain, and that was against the law. 




________________________________

Edward Cole: Kiss the most beautiful girl in the world. 
Carter Chambers: How are you going to do that? 
Edward Cole: Volume! 



________________________________

Edward Cole: Have I fired you lately? 
Thomas: Not since the Oprah incident. 



________________________________

[first lines] 
Carter Chambers: Edward Perriman Cole died in May. It was a Sunday afternoon, 
and there wasn't a cloud in the sky... 




________________________________

Skydiving instructor: Okay, let's deploy 
Edward Cole: [singing] I've got a feeling I'm falling! 
Skydiving instructor: We're in the red zone, pull the cord! 
Edward Cole: [singing] I've got a feeling I'm falling in love 
Skydiving instructor: PULL THE DAMN CORD! 
Edward Cole: [pause] I was in love once... 



________________________________

Edward Cole: [to Carter, of expectations without a bucket list] What do you 
think happens now? I go back and sit around listening to people talking about 
mezzanine financing and subordinated debt pretending that I care about dead 
money. You go home to some ceremonial procession into death with everyone 
standing around watching you die while you try to comfort them. 




________________________________

Carter Chambers: [to Edward, of the two questions asked of the dead by the gods 
at the entrance to heaven] Have you found joy in your life? Has your life 
brought joy to others? 




________________________________

Edward Cole: [to himself, about his relative wellness while looking in a mirror 
at his wan face and bald head adorned with a railroad track of baseball-like 
stitches from his brain surgery] My God. Somewhere, some lucky guy's having a 
heart attack. 

Reply via email to