*
* *
*
*
*
*
 Sitting on the side of the road waiting to catch speeding drivers, a
Massachusetts state trooper sees a car puttering along at 24 mph. He
thinks to himself, "This driver is as dangerous as a speeder!" So he
turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five elderly ladies -
two in the front seat, and three in the back, wide-eyed and white as
ghosts. The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't
understand. I was going the exact speed limit. What seems to be the
problem?”

The trooper, trying to contain a chuckle, explains to her that "24" was
the Route number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman
grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error.

"But before you go, Ma'am, I have to ask, "is everyone in this car OK?
These women seem awfully shaken." "Oh, they'll be all right in a
minute, officer. We just got off Route 128."




*
*
*
*
*

Reply via email to