---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NOCHUR RAMANATHAN

As I've aged, I've  become kinder to myself, and less critical of  myself.
I've become my own friend.

I have  seen too many dear friends leave this world,  too soon; before they
understood the great  freedom that comes with aging.

Whose  business is it, if I choose to  read, or  play, on the computer,
until 4 AM, or sleep until  noon? I will dance with myself to those
wonderful tunes of the 50, 60 &70's, and if I,  at the same time, wish to
weep over a  lost love, I will.

I will walk the  beach, in a swim suit that is stretched over a  bulging
body, and will dive into the waves,  with abandon, if I  choose to, despite
the  pitying glances from the jet set. They, too,  will get old.

I know I am sometimes  forgetful. But there again, some of life is  just as
well forgotten. And, I eventually  remember the important things.

Sure, over  the years, my heart has been broken. How can  your heart not
break, when you lose a loved  one, or when a child suffers, or even when
somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car?  But, broken hearts are what give
us strength,  and understanding, and compassion. A heart  never broken, is
pristine, and sterile, and  will never know the joy of  being imperfect.

I am so blessed to  have lived long enough to have my hair turning  gray,
and to have my youthful laughs be forever  etched into deep grooves on my
face. So many have  never laughed, and so many have died before their  hair
could turn silver.

As you get  older, it is easier to be positive. You care  less about what
other people think. I don't  question myself anymore. I've even earned the
right to be wrong.

So, to answer your  question, I like being old. It has set me  free. I like
the person I have become. I am  not going to live forever, but  while I am
still here, I will not waste time lamenting  what could have been, or
worrying about what  will be. And I shall eat dessert every  single day (if
I feel like  it).







<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>FREE
Animations for your email
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>Click
Here!
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>
<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621159&did=10501&ppd=2820%2c201206281812%2c9%2c1%2c892210886534018427&rui=146594812&app_test_id=0&sd=20130223>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to