CULTURAL QA03-2021-31 Being a compilation there may be errors
Q1 What was the very first psychological trick you learned thatblew your mind? A1 Sean Paul January 8-2021Knows Russian-There is one trick that helps me learn something new. I found itback in college and since then I have been actively practicing to this day. Itsounds like this: If you are learning something,share the information with another person. Retell everything in detail and explain to the interlocutor - this way you will more easilyremember the details. This really works especially when you need to memorize a lot ofinformation or prepare a speech for an event. for you Q2 Who became the king after Rama, Luv or Kush? A2 Debashis Pattanaik March21-2021 Student Jay Śrīman Nārāyana! Both of them obtained kingshipafter the rule of Shri Rama. AfterShri Lakshman left this mortal world and returned back to Shri Vaikuntham,Bhagavan Shri Rama got overwhelmed by sorrow and grief as a part of his humanlypastimes. He wanted to hand over the kingdom of Ayodhya to Shri Bharata andleave for the forest. WhenShri Bharata came to know about this, he openly condemned the plan and insteadasked Shri Rama to coronate Kusha and Lava as the Kings of Kosala and ofthe northern region, respectively. Following the words of his younger brother,Shri Rama performs the coronation ceremony of his sons. Having decided this, on that veryday, Raghava instated the brave Kusha in Kosala and Lava in the north. The great-souled one consecrated Kusha and Lava.He gave each of them one thousand chariots, thirty thousand elephants, tenthousand horses and riches. A messenger goes to ShriShatrughna to inform him about the decisions taken by Shri Rama. He reports the name of the kingdom of Kusha as Kushavati andthat of Lava as Shravati. He reached Madhura in three daysand nights and told Shatrughna everything about what had transpired—the abandonment of Lakshmana, Raghava’spledge, the consecration of the two sons and the decision of the citizens tofollow. The intelligent Rama had created a beautiful city for Kusha to thenorth of the Vindhya mountains and it was named Kushavati. The beautiful city that was referredto as Shravati was for Lava. References Valmiki Ramayana translated by Bibek Debroy Uttar Kanda Chapter 7(97) Valmiki Ramayana translated by Bibek Debroy Uttar Kanda Chapter 7(98) Q3 What is one thing that I can learn from you today? A3 Kunal Jain March 5-2021-ThisIncident Happened 2 Years Back.. I was a teenager who had no idea what usually happens outside my smalltown.I used to hang out with my friends, Study and was playing Cricket all day. My basic goal was just to JoinIndian Air Force and become a Fighter pilot. I was passionate about Flying so much that most of my day was spenthovering over thoughts of flying a fighter plane and the thrill it gave. I was preparing For JEE as a backup but my main goal was to become afighter pilot.I worked hard consistently for 2 years. I gave NDA exam and cleared it inmy first attempt. I was on Cloud nine, I was veryexcited to attend SSB interviews, For those who don’t know what SSB is, It is one of the hardest interviewsto get through. Ittakes 6 days for the Air force board to access the candidate on the variouspsychological and physical levels and more than 15 different tasks,personal interviews, board interviews, and computerized tests to get throughit. Those who clear screening on the first day of the interview have to stayfor the next 5 days. I was allotted Mysore Airforce board for my personal interview, At firstfor me who never have travelled that far was the biggest barrier. I didn’t how can I travel that far alone, but this was my passion. Ican’t let it go just for the fear of traveling that far. I decided to go, I packed my bag and took the train. I was very excited and also worried a little bit. The journey was very long andtiresome. It took me 1.5 days to reach Mysore. I was tired after the journey. I was having two bags. one bag was full ofclothes, shoes, and other stuff required for my stay in the interview board,and the other bag was having my documents, money, mobile and basic things withme I reached there one day before the interview reporting. I searched forthe cheapest hotel but I didn’t found one. So I decided to stay in some ashram.They didn’t take any money but I donated some money to their donation box. I woke up in the morning, took bath, packed my bags and was ready to gofor reporting at the interview board. I was nervous I don’t know why. Maybe It was my first time and as I was very serious about NDA.I tookAuto from the road outside the ashram I told the auto-rickshaw driverto go to Airforce board, it was 4 km far. As soon as I reached there, I saw a lot of candidates there with theirparents, luggage and roaming here and there outside the board. Some started Forming the linesand Reporting was just going to begin. I got out of Rickshaw, I Gave the money to Driver and Started goingtowards the crowd of students and was very nervous about what will happen next.I was just analyzing the crowd of candidates, After 2 minutes one JCO came and told us to take our documents out of ourbags and form a line with our luggage. As soon He said Take your documents out, I start finding my small bag inwhich My main wallet, documents, cell phone was. There was only one bag which I was having.Andthen I realized I placed my small bag at the backside of my seat in the auto. I was just Numb.I didn’t have the time to panic as soon as I realized Iforgot my Main Bag which has all the documents, money, and my phone I startedrunning towards the place My auto left me. I Saw My auto going and It was very Far. I shouted and ran towards it but it was very far and was soon out of mySight.At that time I got Broked. I busted into tears.I was Literally Crying and didn’t have any idea whatto do. I was Very far From my home in South India, was alone, and most importantI was having an Interview and I wasn’t having any documents to prove whether Iam the same person who came for the interview or not. Some uncles who were there were talking about What kind of Officer I willbecome if I can’t handle even my luggage. They told me it is the job of discipline and responsibility and here I amunable to handle even my luggage. I started cursing myself why I came here, I shouldn’t travel that far, Iam the unluckiest guy in the whole world.Thinking of that day still gives me shivers,I was helplesscouldn’t do anything. You know when life brings you in situation where you thought why me, Feellucky because your life is worth telling. I can’t just stay there and cursed myself continuously I was just having 100 rupees inmy pocket, I decided to take an auto from there and go to the place where Itook my auto. On the way I was continuously talking to Auto-driver about whether I willfind him or not.He couldn’t understand my Hindi or even English completely. Now I was not crying, I was finding ways to do something.I reached there,I Told other rickshaw drivers about all this. They asked me no. of Auto rickshaw, I didn’t have any idea. They said then they can’t do anything and there are very little chancesthat the driver will came here. I starting searching every auto-rickshaw that came there because I was sopanicked and hoping to find my bag behind some other Auto. I searched more than 20 autos but couldn’t find anything.I asked one of the Drivers tocall my home. I didn’t want to tell my parents about this and panicked them but Iwasn’t having any option. As my parents picked the call I told them what happened to me my parentspanicked. My Mom was literally crying atthat time hearing about this.My father told me to not panic but he was alsopanicked. As I was talking to my parents I saw an auto came and I found the autodriver's face somewhat similar, I was so panicked I wasn’t able to recall howdid the auto driver look like. As the auto-driver stopped, Iimmediately ran towards it.I searched the backside of the seat and I found Myblack color bag. I was so happy at that time I can’t even explain.Everyone around mestarted laughing. There were more than 25 people around me and they all were so happy.Ididn’t have an idea whether I was lucky or unlucky. I was jumping over and I gave500 rupees to that rickshaw driver from my bag as I was so happy. I told him to drop me at SSB Board.I reached there. I took my bag from outside the station.I was late but somehow they agreedto allow me.At that time in life, I realized happy moments came after so manysufferings.Now we laugh at Those incidents but at that time I was so helpless. I got Selected in the screeningbut I Got conferenced out from that interview.I was so sad after the interviewsbut I make sure to come back with more power. That Incident made me strong and gave me new hopes in life to dosomething Big. That Incident Motivated me to never lose hope. I got Recommended by AFSB in my2nd attempt From Dehradun. Although it’s a whole other story which I will tell some other day. Problems are like washingmachines.They twist, They spin & They knock us aroundBut in the end, We came out Cleaner, brighter,and better than before. Q4 Scientists divide rocks into groups based on what? A3 Swet Patel Answered 29-3-2021 Generally rocks can be divided into three major types based on theprocess of their formation. Theseare; Igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks and metamorphic rocks. Q4 What’s something new you learned today? A4 Imarjunrabari 31-3-2021BusinessMan (2018–present) While writing this answer, I am traveling from Jamshedpur to Patna bytrain. Due to the sudden travel program, the reservation could not be done, sotraveling in General Bogey is a compulsion. During the festive season, thegeneral bogie crowd can be perceived only by the people traveling to it. Thosewho somehow got a place to sit can consider themselves lucky. The eyes of thosewho have to stand and go all the way to the place to sit. The compartment was so crowdedthat hardly any passengers could come in from outside and inside it was a pityto see women and children. After half an hour of driving, a young boy stood from his seat and said to a woman, 'You sit on my seat, I will stand upand go'. After seeing this, I also felt a little embarrassed Gave herseat to another woman. Immediately the passengers next door did the same,seeing that the malepassengers of the entire compartment were standing and only the women weresitting. After a short journey, the boy landed at his station. In fact, the initiative of thatone boy led to a very good result and perhaps that unknown l will continue tomake such people aware in his life. Q5 How's life after getting a government job in India? How doeslife and its aspects get changed? A5 Swatantra KumarMarch 25-2021Senior Administrative Assistant at Ministry of Agriculture (2019–present) First most is getting feelingof relief that "yes finally I have made it" as tag and pressure ofbeing unemployed would no more hunt me. For me it was more special because I was on waiting list and had given upon this job after result in December 2018. But one fine day on 12th May,2019 I received my appointmentletter through post. That was some feeling ❤️❤️ Joined in June but initial 15-20 days were worrisome for me because Istill didn't knew my place of posting. In our department, every newly recruitedcandidate have to first report in HO and thereafter in 10-15 days or earlier,his place of posting is decided. Luckily I got Delhi posting which I wanted. Got my first salary and with thatbought some shirts for myself 🙈🙈. Duringpreparation days I avoided buyingin any new dresses because where I would go wearing them as my whole day wasspent in single room with books or maximum walking on terrace 😂😂 When I joined, my department waspreparing to organize IICTF 2019 which was a first ever Cooperative trade fair in India and workload was onhigher side. Did every type of work like making calls to the cooperativesocieties all day, preparing posters etc. apart from regular office work.Attended office on Saturday Sunday till 10 PM. Still i was not working even 50%of what my seniors had worked for this event to make it a success. So theory ofless work in government office is a complete misnomer. Finally we successfully organized IICTF 2019 inPragati Maidan, Delhi 😊: Got a opportunity to be part of Election process as I was deployed forelection duty in Delhi legislative election. Stayed at the polling station aday before the election, ate lunch in bhandara, made own temporary beds, workedfrom 4:30 am till 10 pm on election day without a break and with only 2 cups oftea. But being a governmentservant we can't complain as we are supposed to do our work and that toocorrectly. We successfully conducted the polls but it was quite anadventurous experience 😅😅. In December 2018 I was giving my CPT in this hall and in September 2019 Iwas monitoring CPT. I could feel the nervousness of candidates giving CPT inhall 😅😅 because once I was there. It felt like Life hadtaken complete 360 turn. Some days are relaxed while some days are hectic. I have also seen some negative aspects of governmentjob but now after 1 year 9 months into service, I have became used to it.So you would be having mix bag of things. Best part of government job isthe work life balance they offer. Weekdays fromMonday to Friday would be busy but you are free after office hours and also inweekends. You could do whatever you want be it studies, pursuing hobbies etc. On personal level, not much have changed and I am still the same person 😅😅. WheneverI get leaves, I spent some time at my favorite place i.e my village ❤️❤️which hasnot changed even after Job. My Desi look 😜😜 After job, you would face newchallenges, learn new things, learn about government working and its system.Some apsects of it you would like and some you would not. But after the intial period, you would adapt to the newconditions and excitement of new job would stabilize. So Life goes on as usual withsome changes in lifestyle due to job. All the above QA are based onQuora on 31-03 - 2021. Quora answers need not be 100% correct answers Compiled and posted by R. Gopala krishnan on31-3-2021 -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thatha_Patty" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/737116397.1845540.1617201093261%40mail.yahoo.com.
