CULTURAL QA04-2021-09

Being  a compilation there may  be errors 

Q1         How come Japanese peopleare able to fall asleep so easily within 
minutes and take short naps on trains?

A1          Erhan Ethem UpdatedFebruary 14, 2019 Lives in Japan

Being from the United States, I was SHOCKED when I saw so many people sleeping 
on the train inJapan. Are these people crazy? Someone could rob them, assault 
them,kidnap their kid, or atthe very least, they could miss their stop!

I was on a packed train, every seat was full, people were bunchedtogether 
standing, and they could all sleep! What was going on? Maybe a gasleak?

Then I looked around the train car at the people who weren’t sleeping. Somekids 
in school uniforms, playing on their smartphones. A businessman readingthe 
newspaper.

A woman with her sleeping child, on Instagram. My heart rate began toslow as 
the realization hit me… Everything is okay.

An announcement came on the PAannouncing the station. A fewslumped heads perked 
up, sleepily shuffled toward the door, and got off. I wasmesmerized as 
Iwitnessed this phenomenon repeat station after station.

When I arrived at my station I looked around at the people getting off,and 
those getting on. There was no one who made me become alert, or nervous.There 
were no shifty eyes, no hidden purposes, no panhandlers, or derangedlunatics. 
Just people who wanted to go home.

So, to answer your question, Japanese people intrinsically trust each other. 
Theywork hard, don’t get enough sleep, and view the train ride home as a 
rareopportunity to do nothing. They all seem to be looking out for each 
other,while minding their own business. It is a sight to behold. Sweet dreams 
Japan.

 

Q2         Nearly two months ago Igot released after serving 15 out of 20 years 
prison sentence. I am 38 yearsold and I currently live with my brother and his 
family? What can I do to beback on my feet? How can I adjust by myself to 
outside world?

A2          Beela Joseph 19m ago Whateverhas happened has happened. Don’t 
stress yourself coz of that. Now start bydoing exercise and some meditation . 
And can I tell U a job whichyou can easily do …. Start a Tea Shop . It’s very 
little money and U can easilymake money. Now the important factor is make it 
simple and reasonable price.Your turn over will be good. God Bless U .

Q3         What is the role ofsenior citizens in the life of their married sons?

A3          Bhuvana Rameshwar March27-2021 -married for three decades

Retired…You are retired not just from your 9 hrs jobs but in all family 
matters, cardriving, choosing a good TV, car or smart phone, choosing the best 
network, whyeven the best school for grand child..and the list is endless.

Actually it means take a back seat and let them live their lives, theywill 
learn from their mistakes, experience pain and become smarter. You don'thave to 
advise, warn or prepare them for life's challenges.

You have lived your life welland now it is their turn. Liveand let live without 
much interference as anyway there is a big generation gapwhich will not accept 
your wisdom and rich experience.

When they want advice then helpthem. If they need help with grandchild help 
them. Helpthem with the cooking, planning birthday parties, or road trips but 
only whenthey need.

If they have trouble payingback dues in credit card then help them, but don't 
ask them how much they earn or if they save. This is commonin unmarried 
youngsters but also found in some married sons.

Let them learn themselves from their mistakes. Do not embarrass them. At the 
most tell them “it happens “but never saythe relationship spoiler “ I told you 
so “

P. S. this applies to marrieddaughters, sons - in - law too.

My note-  I went to purchase a dining table after oneof the chairs broken with 
my son and daughter in law. I left the purchase to their choice. As usualI paid 
with my card. 

I was attracted to a Teakwood stand for TV. They could not appreciate it. When 
they quoted the price both expressedwe may get better. Being a known shop, I 
knew the price is worth the product.It was pure teakwood finish and fit for my 
SONY flat TV.  With a smile, I told when they supply at homeyou would 
understand it.  On placing theTV it was found very suited and my old stand was 
having abreak in one leg.They could understand, just for replacement I 
purchased. It is about 15 yearsnow after the incident. When my son comes to my 
room seeing the shiningTeakwood stand, Appa,you selected best. When you 
purchased I could not appreciate it’squality. 

Q4         What type of peopleshould we not interact with for the sake of our 
own peace?

A4          Anubhav Jain Fri Written3 books on Life, living and motivation.

Who consistently mock at you,insult you, and evidently hate you, even if they 
are family.

Who criticise you in public and appreciate you or apologise when alone.

Frustrated strangers on the street who are willing to break anyone's headfor 
the smallest of arguments.

People who consider their opinions as facts, facts as myths, and otherpeople's 
opinions as trash.

Who always quote you to save themselves in front of others, they get outwords 
from your mouth by convincing you, and use thosewords to protect themselves and 
to make you the culprit.

My note- Sri Anubhav Jain, anyoungster answer is like that of a old man well 
experienced in life. I appreciateall the points told in the answer 

 

Q5         Have you ever had a phoneconversation with a ghost or a demon?

A5          Answered by SaraeLorenzo Tue- supernatural evidence 

Well It was about 4–5 years ago, it was 10 or 11 in the morning and I hadthe 
flue. I was on my couch reading and my phone rang. I did notknow the number so 
I did not answer. 

Later that day I realized I barley had any food for dinner so I had to goto a 
store. I was there for about an hour and a half and when I got home I had a 
voice mail so I played it. I was awomen's voice saying Hello over and over. I 
thought it was just someone who had just prank calledme. 

At about 6 in the afternoon someone knocked on my door. There was a package so 
I pickedit up. In there were pictures of my great  grandmother and I picture of 
me. Igot pretty scared so i went inside. I don’t know for sure but the women 
calling me sounded like my grategrandmother who had died ten years before.

 

Q6         Do any parents ever liveto see their adult children turn 50?

A6          Katharine Wilkinson 22mago

My grandma died when I was 50. Both my parents are still alive. My brotheris 
now 51 so they've seen two of their adult children turn 50. Both are stillin 
good health so I expect they'll see my sister turn 50 in 4 years. There's avery 
good chance they'll see my other sister and brother turn 50 too.

If my mum lives as long as her mum did she'll see my daughter turn 50.

My note- The question may bettertheir children reach 60, due to the improvement 
of current medical advances.

 

Q7         What is your observationas a doctor?

A7          We, as doctors, meetmany people in day-today life. Basically I 
learnt two things-

1. It doesn't require a person to be rich to take of their parents.

I've seen some very poor cancerpatients, whose sons & DIL take care of them 
very nicely.

Once I had a cancer patient from a well to do family, old & inadvanced stage; 
although he didn't have much symptoms like pain, breathlessness, but cancerhad 
spread to all body parts. He was more than 80 & by his look (we assessby 
performance status), its risky to give them any cancer treatments & theywon't 
get benefit also. So,we explained everything to the relatives & ask them to 
take home.

After 1month, his son came to us complaining “U told he'll die soon, but he is 
still alive…….samelike before & no sign of dying”

2. Second thing………never guessanyone's relationship. I did thismistake twice……..

Once I had a 10yr old patient of meningitis during my internship. Shestayed in 
hospital for around 3weeks & a male person in 25–30s used to takecare of her. I 
thoughthim to be her father, but he was her brother……

Another once a Bangladeshi patient of lung cancer came to OPD aged>60years, & 
accompanying him a young girl of 16–18years was there. I asked her to bring his 
wife orsome adult whom I can explain the treatment, but she told she is his 
wife& she had to sign the consent forms for treatment……….

So, never guess anyone'srelationship……… its none of our business. 

 

Q8         When Krishna and Arjunaburnt down the forests of Khandav, why didn't 
they allow the birds and animalsto escape? Why did they shoot down any creature 
that tried to flee the forest?

A8          Bhanu Kiran Fri-Exploringancient texts of Sanatana Dharma

God Agni had eaten butter offered by King Swetaki for 12 continuousyears. Agni 
became pale, lost his color and could not shine like before. Thisresulted Agni 
in decrease of energy and increase in sickness.

Agni became pale, having losthis colour, and he could not shine as before. He 
felt a loss of appetite from surfeit, and his energy itselfdecreased and 
sickness afflicted him. [1]

When Agni approached Brahma fora solution, Brahma told him to consume the fat 
of the birds and animals residing in Khandava forest. When Agni consumes those 
creatures,he will regain his original form. Saying this, Brahma asked Agni to 
proceed towards Khandavaforest and consume the forest along with its living 
creatures.

The dreadful forest Khandava, that abode of the enemies of the gods,which thou 
hadst of old once consumed to ashes at the request of the gods, hathnow become 
the home of numerous creatures. When thou will have eaten the fat ofthose 
creatures, thou shalt regain thy own nature. Proceed thither in haste toconsume 
that forest with its living population. Thou wilt then be cured of thymalady.[2]

When Krishna and Arjuna aided Agni in this task, Agni was cured from 
hisdisease. This is the reason Krishna and Arjuna did not allow any creatures 
toescape from the forest. However anaga named Aswasena was able to escape with 
the help of Indra, but rest of thecreatures were killed for the sake of Agni.

Footnotes[1] Adi Parva: Khandava-daha Parva: Section CCXXV[2] Adi 
Parva:Khandava-daha Parva: Section CCXXV

Q9         What statements describewhat happens as you rub your hands together?

A9          Alan McClure, SubmarineSailor IC1(SS) Nuclear Elect. Operator 
Answered Sat

Some of the energy expended torub your hands to together is converted by 
friction into heat.

Also blood rushes to your hands. Thesetwo effects will make your hands warmer. 

 

Q10       Which luxury are youlooking for in your life?

A10        Awdhesh Singh Fri Ex-IRS|IITian|Educator|AuthorEssay & Ethics book 
for UPSC

I am looking for the followingluxuries in life.

A decent house for my family in a decent place

A mid-segment car to travel at my convenience

A laptop to write articles, answers and books

A mobile phone to surf email and social media

A kindle to read books at my convenience

High-speed internet connection

Netflix and Tata-binge connection to watch movies, documentaries etc.

Sufficient free time to do the things I love

Freedom to say and do what Iwant to do

Freedom to say no to what Idon’t wish to do

Time to spend with family and friends

Travel different places in India and the world

Enough income to take care ofall the above expenses

However, these are not the luxuries that I am looking for.

These are the luxuries that are not too expensive and thankfully I am already 
havingall of them in my life.

I had once aspired to these luxuries and I have worked hard for decadesto 
afford these luxuries of life.

I am happy that I am now able to enjoy these luxuries by taking some hard 
decisions in mylife like quitting my government job well in time to follow my 
passion forteaching and writing. 

All the above QA are based onQuora on 11-04 - 2021. Quora answers need not be 
100% correct answers 

Compiled and posted by R. Gopala krishnan on 11-4-2021

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1036282359.541943.1618158533463%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to