DIVINE INFORMATION  PART 67

Respectedfriends,

While going through oneof my external memory device, I came across some good
information stored from websites. Ithought of sharing interesting ones from
them as a series.

In part 67, I am starting with 258th         item in this posting. Kindly note
the series is a compilation.

Sincerely,

GopalaKrishnan 30-07-21

258 Genetic engineering

Geneticengineering research has established that there are 44 chromosomes in
everyhuman being (there being 22 pairs in all, and one pair out of these is the
sexchromosome which can either be an X-X or an X-Y pair). Each chromosome
contains DNA contributed byone of the parent. Hence linkage of DNA to parent is
possible and thusit is possible to trace back lineage

Theynoticed that Y-chromosomes get transferred from father to son as such
andwithout much change The female eggdoes not carry a Y chromosome.

Henceif a male is born, then the entire Y chromosome is from the male sperm

Thefather gives the Y chromosome imprint fully to a male child. Thus if you
trackthe Y chromosome, it should be possible to link up, through father
togrand-father to great grand-father etc. whether such linking of lineage
throughGothram is required. The very reason for such linkage is thepresumption
that inbreeding should be avoided.

Thedestruction of the community starts with inbreeding. There is apossibility
that the female from the same gothram will carry an X chromosomefrom the
father.

Thusif she marries a person from the same gothram, there can be same X
chromosomefrom husband and wife. Thiswill affect all female children born

Maleand female and created an automatic attraction between the two. This was
the stage ofcreation of Manu and Satharoopi. (Adam and Eve as known to
westerners).

Daksha Prajapathi took or married one of the female off springs
ofManu-Satharoopi couple and created the human (mammal) female form in which
thechild will grow in the womb of the mother, thus creating an identity
andattachment with the mother

Creation of female form made Daksha Prajapathi thefavorite of Brahma.(It also
made Dakhsa too proud which ultimately led to his doom and
subsequentrestoration.)

Daksha had created 15 different humanfemale forms first and then added one more
later to make it sixteen.

His eldest and dearest daughter Sathi,he presented in marriage (Kanyaka danam
started on that day) to Lord Siva orMahadeva.

The second daughter Swaha was given in marriage toAgni deva. (The Rhyming names
had started even at that time.)

The Balance 13 females were to be thestarting point for Human beings or
Manushya Jathi.

YamaDharma Raja had invented a way of self-destruction or terminator genes.
Hence the balance thirteen girls of Daksha were given to Lord Yama inmarriage
for introducing Terminator genes.

Theconcept of soul and cycle of birth and death gave rise to need for a
restingplace in between, death and subsequent birth.

(Based on past Karma, one is to beborn with certain other individuals or souls
in the next birth and these soulswould not have died together. Hence there has
to be a place where asoul may rest for some time waiting for the proper time
for his reentry in tothe world.

Thusarose need for Pitruloka .Sradham is performed for people in Pitruloka.

We believe that one has to wait for a maximum period oflifetime of three
generations. Hence we call only threegenerations during Sradham.)

Daksha Prajapathiwanted a person to look after, like a mother, every soul that
enteredPitruloka. Hence he decided to create the 16th daughter, to look after
thechildren of all the 13 sisters with equal affection.

This daughter was named Swadha(People who perform Sradha(Thevasam) will
recollect that they say Swadha Namah at the end of Shradhaceremony. This is to
pay obeisance to the universal motherwho looks after all the dead, till they
return to earth or attain moksha.

The thirteen daughters were given to thirteen Rishisafter introducing
terminator gene.

There was no stopping the mankindafter that. Terminator genes or no terminator
genes, it is continuing tomultiply and envelop the earth.

The Y-chromosomes from the Rishis did nothave terminator genes. These got
transferred through thedaughters of Daksha Prajapathi or Satharoopi.

There were no mutations of Y chromosome. Thus the Rishiswho were unisex
probably established the Gothra through male lineage

 It will bean interesting topic for research as to whether Y-chromosomes or
even geneticDNA build up of Brahmins is different from other males.

259 THARPANAM

Tharpanam means “That offering which satisfies”. But whatwe mean by the word
Tharpanam is the offering of water mixed with gingelly tothe manes.(dead
ancestors).

Though we have several ancestors, this offering isaddressed to three
generations of father, grand father and great grand fatheralong with their
wives in our family and maternal grand father, his father andgrand father along
with their wives in our mothers birth family

All the manes aresupposed by our religion to live in the Pithru loka for some
time andeither be reborn as any being or go to lokas like deva loka, Vaikunta
etc oreven attain salvation by getting mixed with god

Thepithru loka is populated by three group of pithru devas viz, Vasu, Rudra
andAdhithya.

These devas receive our oblations andmake it reach to our manes wherever they
are and in whichever form they are.

My note- Tillliberation/uplifting to Devaloka

 The pithru loka issupposed to be on the unseen side of the moon. This portion
gets exposed to sunon the new moon days. It is according to our concept lunch
time for the peoplepopulating the pithru loka

These pithrus, since they have left the world are solelydependent on only their
progeny to feed them.

This feeding isdone through Tharpanam. It is believed that if Tharpanam is not
done out Pithrudevas will curse us so that we may not have male descendents to
offer tharpanamto us.

My note- Pithrus will bless only. They would not curse theirwards is my
thinking. Especially in Kerala Tharpanam is done by wards  about retirement
time or later only as I understand

260 Different types of tharpanams and rules

1.Gunda tharpanam- the tharpanam which is done in the first ten days of death.

2.Brahma yagna tharpanam-This is the oblation supposed tobe done daily to the
devas, rishis and pithrus.

3.Parheni tharpanam- this is the tharpanam which is supposed to be done on the
next day after annual sraddha.This at present is being done after sraddha on
the same day , because thepriest does not have time to come the next day. Here
the tharpanam is offered only to ones pithruvarga (paternal side)

4 The regular tharpanamwhich is supposed to be done on all amavasyas. Four
Month beginnings vizmesha, karkidaga, thula and makara and eclipses.

Our books have asked us to perform tharpanam on 96days in ayear but this is not
being done nowadays.

Several acharyas havecodified the method of tharpanam. Some of them are
Apasthabha, Bodhayana,Drahyayana

4.Except thetharpanam during eclipse all other tharpanams are to be done after
12 noon.Considering the difficulty, our law givers have agreed that it can be
doneafter 8.30 AM.

6.Oblations should be done with hand full ofwater and not drops or spoon full
of water.

10.The pavithramfor pithru tharpanam should be made out of three durbha and the
koorcham shouldbe made of 7 or 9 durbhas.

12.Silver vessels are prescribed for used during tharpanam. If not available
copper vesselscan be used. Under no circumstance should steel or other metal
vessels are tobe used.

Withsesame seeds and rice and barley and Masha and water and roots and fruits,
ifgiven at Sraddhas, the Pitris, O king, remain gratified for theperiod of a
month.

Of all kinds of food, sesame seeds are regarded as the best.

261SRARDHA INFORMATION

With fishes offered at Sraddhas, thePitris remain gratified for a period of two
months.

With mutton they remain gratifiedfor three months and with the flesh of the
hare for four.

With the flesh of the goat, O king,they remain gratified for five months, with
bacon for six months, and with theflesh of birds for seven

With the meat of the buffalo theirgratification lasts for eleven months.

Payasa mixed with ghee is as muchacceptable to thePitris as beef.

One born in our race should,under the constellation Magha, as if in the
observance of a vow, offer the meatof goat or the petals of the Kanchana
flower.

Many sons should be coveted so that evenone may go to Gaya (for performing the
Sraddha of his ancestors), where stands the banianthat is celebrated over all
the worlds and that makes all offerings made underits branches inexhaustible. 3

Even a little of water, roots,fruits, meat, and rice,mixed with honey, if
offered on the anniversary of the day of death becomesinexhaustible.'"

145:3 To this day the sanctity of Gaya isuniversally recognised by all Hindus.
Sraddhas are performed there under thebanian called the Akshaya or
inexhaustible banian.

The darkfortnight of Ashvina [September-October] is known as Pitr Paksha or
MahalayaPaksha. This is an occasion to perform rites for the departed ancestors
to keeptheir souls indebted for years. Pitra Paksha is performed for the
departedimmediate relatives usually up to 3 preceding generations.

Pitrapakshais the occasion to repay debt to our departed ancestors by
satisfying theirsouls by performing rites.

For this purpose “Shraddha” is performedwith a belief that the dead ones would
be alive amongst us.

Yamaraja, the Lord of death allows the souls tocome down to the earth and
receive offers from their descendants. This practiceis made to the dead
“pitris”. The last day of this period, the new moon day, isconsidered as the
most important day in the year for performing obsequies andrites.

According toHindu religious belief, on the Mahalaya Amavasya, there is a
conjunction of thesun and the moon and that the sun enters the sign Virgo
[Kanya]. On this day,the departed ancestors leave their abode of Yama and come
down to the earth totake rites from their descendantsThe Mahabharata

My note- It is a stored information I have reproduced .

How our pitirs who took only vegetarian food, satisfied with non veg items is
not clearto me.Learnt readers can write on this part.

I have read else where serving jackfruit is equivalentof serving meat.

In Srardha performedby Brahmins  only vegetarianitems are provided in south
India as I understand.

As Iunderstand Mahalayam is not observed in Southern Kerala. I learnt of it
from acolleague from Tutucorin who offered srardha to his late father
duringmahalayalm.

I will continue in next posting