*Seven Short Stories shared by *

*Sathya Nadella* *[CEO, Microsoft]*


*1. **LOOKING BACK**: *I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research
paper I’m working on for my Psychology class. When I asked her *to define
Success*, she said,



*“SUCCESS is when you look back at your life and the memories make you
smile."*



*2. **LOVE CONQUERS PAIN: *After I watched my dog get run over by a car, I
sat on the side of the road holding him, crying. *Just before he died, he
licked the tears off my face.*



*3. **TOGETHERNESS:* As my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood
around my mother’s hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words
before she died. She simply said, *“I feel so loved right now. We should
have gotten together like this more often.”*



*4. * *AFFECTION: *I kissed my dad on the forehead as he passed away in a
small hospital bed. About 5 minutes after he passed away, *I realized it
was the first time I had given him a kiss since I was a little boy.*



*5. * *JOY:* When I witnessed a 27-year-old cancer patient laughing
hysterically at her 2-year-old daughter’s antics, I suddenly realized that *I
need to stop complaining about my life and start celebrating it again.*



*6. **KINDNESS: *A boy in a wheelchair saw me desperately struggling on
crutches with my broken leg and offered to carry my backpack and books for
me. He helped me all the way across campus to my class and as he was
leaving he said, *“I hope you feel better soon.”*

*7. **SHARING: *I was traveling in Kenya and I met a refugee from Zimbabwe.
He said he hadn’t eaten anything in over 3 days and looked extremely skinny
and unhealthy. Then my friend offered him the rest of the sandwich he was
eating. The first thing the man said was, *“We can share it.”     KR IRS
24 10 23*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZoogzjdRptnCxk0TCB5OSb340%2BwOMjVEGd33MUxBsq16BQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to