CULTURAL QA 12-2023-19

All the below   QA arefrom Quora DIGEST to me  on   19-12-2023. 

Selected Quora answers generallyinteresting only are included .Still they   
need not be 100% correct answers.

Compiled and posted by R.Gopala Krishnan, 80,  former ITS  on 19-12-2023.

Q1      What arethe examples of positive thinking?

A1      T.M.Gautham, Left Handed & Right Minded Updated 6y

My neighbour bought a new car a few months ago.

With the brand new car, their family went for a longtrip to South Tamil Nadu 
from Chennai.

They stayed in the destination for a couple of daysand they started back to 
Chennai. Within a few minutes of reaching the highway, a huge branch from 
thetree fell down on the bonnet of the car. The front part of the car 
wascompletely damaged. The glass in all the windows and windshield werebroken. 
Very luckily thefamily was safe (including the two kids). Not even a small 
scratch.

The car was new, but it was thoroughly damaged. Assoon as I heard the news, 
Ifelt that the new car was very unlucky for them.

The car wasinsured and the insurance company were ready to give my neighbours a 
new car. I thought myneighbour would agree to give back the unlucky damaged car 
and get a brand newone.

But my neighbour said this, “Why do you consider mycar as unlucky. It is a 
lucky car. It took the danger which came to us andsaved our lives. If we are 
alive, it’s only because of this car. I do not want anothercar. Just get this 
car repaired.”

I was amazed by the positive thinking.

Q2      Can youtell an incident of pure humanity/

A2      Pusp L.Jul11

 EVERYONE. This man came into my yard a couple hours ago and offered tocut my 
grass for a certain price. Ididn’t have enough money today to afford that on 
top of everything else, and Itold him to come back in a week.

A few minutes ago,I hear a loud noise outside of my house. I opened the door 
and noticed that he was cutting my grass. I went running out to him and yelled 
for him to stop... he shook his head no.

He told me that he saw my kids playing in the yardand was worried about snakes 
being in the grass and biting them because thegrass was too tall.

I again told himto stop because I couldn’t pay him.

He said thathe didn’t need to be paid, he had grandchildren and that he hoped 
someone wouldlook after them in the same way. I was brought to tears. I hugged 
him. We talked aboutdifferent struggles we’ve had in life and he told me that 
this is what the newsdoesn’t report. He told me the news doesn’t report the 
black neighbourhelping out the white neighbour because it isn’t good for the 
network to makemoney. I told him that he has a good heart. I told him Iwish 
more people on earth were like him. We hugged again. He is stilloutside cutting 
my grass and it’s dark now. I am so grateful to have him as anew friend. His 
name isJohnny and he lives in Taylors, South Carolina. 

He cut my grass for free tonight because he wasworried about my children 
playing outside in the tall grass. I hope he gets the recognitionhe deserves.””

My note- I haveadded this QA for 2 points.1. Even whites have a less standard 
of living. Havingdifficulty for money. 2. The diiferent look at California even 
today  about black. 

Q3      What aresome interesting facts to know?

A3      HafizSuboor, 11h

People with thick eyebrows are short tempered.

People who talk to themselves are more likely to have ahigh I.Q

Trying to have a perfect relationship can causedepression and stress

Depressed people dream 3 times more than people whoare not depressed

Smiling boostyour immune system. People who smile live longer.

A 12 year old science project showed that fast food ice isdirtier than toilet 
water

Females are twice as likely to suffer fromdepression.

A study finds, brunettes make better friends andwives

The funniest people are the most depressed.

Men’s brain are 10% larger but the females brainworks better.

Q4      Whatshould every Indian know but probably does not?

A4      ParulJhalani,B.com (HONS.) from Jai Narain Vyas University4y

AboutMawlynnong.Mawlynnongis a village in the East Khasi Hills district of the 
Meghalaya state in NorthEast India

The travel magazine Discover India declared the village as the cleanestvillage 
in India in 2003, and the cleanest village of Asia in 2005.

It is also called as GOD’S OWN GARDEN .

Approximately, it has a population of 550 people with98 homes, and every 
citizen has cleanliness, its priority.

How do theyachieve this?

Daily, 5 assigned member will get on streets with a motiveof cleaning the 
village. They are so dedicated that they don't even spare aleaf on road.

Weekly, everycitizen will broom the streets of the village.

Yearly, theyeven clean shilong-daouki highway at a stretch of 18 kilometers.

A community initiative mandates that all residentsshould participate in 
cleaning up the village.

The waste iscollected in the dustbins made of bamboo, directed to a pit and 
then used as manure

Some other interestingfacts-

Smoking and use of polythene is banned while rainwater harvesting isencouraged.

There is 100%literacy in this village, which is why they communicate with 
fluent English with touristsout there.

Each house is well-equipped with water pipeline forsupply of water.

It also has a post office, community hall, a church,Meghalaya tourism office, 
and a guest house.

Locals haveopened cottages in their houses to welcome tourist.

Not only this~

The tradition of the Khasi people, is also veryunique.

In Mawlynnong property and wealth are passed from themother to the youngest of 
her daughters, who also keeps the mother's surname.

~Clean India - Happy India~ Healthy India~ ProudIndia

Q5      What wasthe status of black people in the Roman Empire?

A5      DanieleBologna, Lives in Italy 6h

They had no particular status. The Romans did not give particularimportance to 
skin color, they considered it only a physicalcharacteristic due to the climate.

We have evidence of black people in the Roman Empirein every level of society: 
soldiers, workers, artisans, merchants, slaves,magistrates...

There were also many important historical figures ofthe Roman Empire of African 
origin, such as the emperors Septimius Severus andMacrinus, or Lusius Quetus, 
one of Trajan's best generals.

 (To be honest, I don't know if these people can be defined as"black" because 
it is a very vague concept and often a culturalconstruct and I won't go into 
that.)

The concept of "race" is often a concept ofperspective: the Romans were 
Mediterranean people who knew that in the norththere were cold lands, there 
must have been people who were paler than them,while in the south there were 
warm lands where the people were darker. So they felt no reason to give 
importance to concepts like being whiteor being black.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/875761125.669280.1702967564508%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to