CULTURAL QA 02-2024-26

All the below  QA are from Quora DIGEST to me on   26-02-2024.

Selectedquora answers generally interesting are included .Still they   need not
be 100% correct answers. I am onlya compiler.

Compiled andposted by R. Gopala Krishnan, 80,    on 26-02-2024.

Q1      Whatcaused humans to evolve into having exceptional intelligence? What
conditionscaused that evolution?

A1      ClaireJordan,1y

A nearby supernova led to an increase in electricalstorms, which burned off a
lot of dry brush land in Africa.

A group of semi-bipedal, moderately intelligent apesmoved out onto the newly
cleared plains.

Those who were most bipedal did best and had the mostoffspring, because they
were able to see over the grassland to spot bothpredators and prey from a long
way away.

As they became more bipedal they became chase hunters, with a lot ofmeat in
their diet.

Being fully bipedal freed up their hands to becomemore dexterous, so they were
able to make better tools. That made it an advantage to be highlyintelligent in
order to design ever better tools, even though big brains take a lot ofenergy
to run and makes childbirth more risky.

At some pointthey discovered fire, and cooking. That made it *much* easier to
develop higherintelligence. Partly it was because cooking released more
nutrients in theirdiet. Partly it was because cooking made food easier to chew.
Other great apeshave jaw muscles which strap across their skull, but by cooking
food, andotherwise breaking it down with their tools, humans no longer needed
suchstrong jaws. It becamepossible for humans to develop smaller jaw muscles
and thus to free up theirskulls to become more domed, enabling higher
intelligence and ever-bettertools.

Q2      Why didAlbert Einstein hold women in low regard?

A2      Jean-MarieValheur, read about a genius or two7h

A little girlwrote a letter to Albert Einstein, in 1946. She had written in a
previous letter about being ayoung kid who wanted to be a scientist… in her new
letter, she “admitted” to aterrible flaw — being a girl. And she asked, did
Einstein mind?[1]

His answer wasshort, and sweet:

I do not mind that you are a girl, but the main thingis that you yourself do
not mind. There is no reason for it.

That about sumsup Einstein’s views on women. He didn’t mind them. Didn’t think
more of them, nor less ofthem. Welcomed them to have a career in science if
they felt the same callinghe did. And yes, he wasa womanizer and a bit of a cad
but here’s the thing about womanizerspeople don’t tell you — they listen to
women more and often treat them betterthan any hateful incel who can’t get any.

Albert Einsteinwas absolutely fine with women. He did not hold them in low
regard, did not look down onthem, didn’t discourage them from dreaming of one
day being a scientist justlike him. Great minds have no time for petty beliefs
and judge people by theirown merits.

Footnotes[1]Einstein'sAdvice to Women in Science Still Relevant More Than 60
Years Later

Q3      Whatculture shocks can a South Indian face in North India?

A3      Akshadha.Research Scholar. Educator. Writer . 6h

I remember being to Chennai . An aunty ( Thelandlord’s wife ) asked me my
homestate .

I said I am from Chandigarh. She exclaimed “Oh youare from Haryana , Panjab
..where women cover their heads “

In south India covering head with dupatta or sareepallu is not the norm .
***Rather it is considered a bad omenand related to mourning.

In North India pallu is a mark of married women . Itis socially acceptable and
cherished as a mark of respect for elders. Though itacts as a cultural shock to
South Indians.

My note- ***Condition is much changed in south. Most working women in south in
paddy fields, open areas,put pallu over head for the hot sun in summer. Further
Muslims normally coverhead, Christians cover head while going to church.

Q4      FourCatholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee in St. Peters
Square. ☕👨‍👨‍👨‍👨‍👩

A4      RebeccaC.,11h

Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman were havingcoffee in St. Peters Square.

The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My son is a priest,when he walks
into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a Bishop.When he walks into a room
people call him 'Your Grace'."

The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he entersa room
everyone bows their head and says 'Your Eminence'."

The fourth Catholic man says very proudly, "My son is the Pope.When he walks
into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."

Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffeein silence, the four men
give her a subtle, "Well ...?"

She proudlyreplies, "I have a daughter, slim, tall, 38" DD bust, 24" waist and
34"hips.

When she walks into a room, everybody says, "Oh My God."

Q5      Can youtell me something inspiring?

A5      VanshJaiswal 5y

This boy, he isone of the most determined, hard working persons with ethical
values. He sells Lemonsevery Sunday. Last Sunday my neighbour aunty called him
for purchasing lemons,I'm living in government apartment and my room is on 3rd
floor. He came up withhis basket of lemon, I also asked my mother that she want
lemon or not, shesaid No. After that the conversation between this boy and my
neighbour aunty islike that.

She : how you're giving them ?    He: ₹10 for 4 lemon.

She: you're robbing us ! give me 4 lemons in ₹5

He: No aunty this price is not worth for me, I can'tgive you 4 lemons in ₹5.

After so muchdiscussion he became sad and finally he give 6 lemons in ₹10.

After selecting 6 juicy lemons aunty closed her door for bringingmoney.

He looks so tired and sad. I offered him a glass ofwater and asked him about
the reason of sadness.

Me : why are youso upset ?    He: I'm in lose, but I need money.

Me: then why you're selling your lemon at low cost ?

He: because I needmoney for food and my school fees.

Me: so you're in school, In which class ?    He: class 6th.

Me: then why you're selling lemons ? Where's yourfather ?

He: becausethere is no one in my home who earns money for us. Before going my
father toldme that you've towork hard for earning as well as you've to continue
your study because this isthe only way through which you can face every problem.

Me : ( I'm shocked after listening these lines, Inever expect these lines from
a class 6th kid who is so much matured.) I againasked, where's your father ?

  He: My father is no more, hedied last year due to pneumonia.

Me : ( Again I'm shocked, I get goosebumps afterhearing this) when you are
going to school and when you're working ?

He: I'm goingschool daily, I came back from school at 2pm after that I work on
a Chaat shop. Everysunday I sell Lemons for extra income.

Aunty came back, she gives him ₹10 and he left.

After this I'mthinking about him that how a 12–13 years old kid is so matured,
he takes the responsibility of his familyas well as he continues his study
while working. He learned so much about lifeat very early age, for us it is
very difficult to maintain our study or job butthis guy is maintaining
everything simultaneously.

The one thingwhich stunned me is his ethics and values. He lost his father but
the values ofhis father arestill in his heart and he is fulfilling his father's
dream. His father wasdefinitely a great man who taught his child the value of
hard work andimportance of education.

he didn't know that I captured his picture, these are2 more images

The thing whichinspired me is that how a boy making balance between his work,
study and responsibilities of hishouse. He also maintains the ethics and values
of his late father. Whereas manyof the youth are not able to focus on a single
thing.

This guy isinspiration for us that we need to take responsibility and learn how
to manage multipleimportant things simultaneously and he also proved the
importance of ethics andvalues of our parent

My note- These things happen in a country where childlabour is prohibited. If
the Government really help these families??!!