CULTURALQA 03-2024-19

Allthe below   QA are from QUORA DIGEST tome on   19-03-2024. 

SelectedQuora answers by scholars generally interesting are included. Still 
they need not be 100%correct answers. Goodjokes are also included.

Iam only a compiler.  Compiled and postedby R Gopalakrishnan, 80, on 19-3-2024 

Q1      What are someof the greatest examples of presence of mind?

A1      RohanMakkar, Former Project Manager at Loginworks (2016–2018)Updated 5y

Scene:

A rich kid who loves to write stories is reading aletter. His servant's son 
(also his best friend) is organising his room.

Rich Kid: "My uncle liked my story. He wrote'Bravo!'"

Friend: "Well of course he liked it. You tellgreat stories.

What's the story about?"

Rich Kid: "It's about a very poor man who findsa magic cup. Soon he learns if 
he weeps into the cup, his tears would turn topearls....And at the end of 
story, he's sitting on a mountain of pearls with abloody knife in his hands and 
his dead wife in his arms. "

Friend: "So he killed her so that he could cryand get rich?"

Rich Kid: "Yes, you're very quick"

Friend: "But why couldn't he just smell an onion?"

Source: The KiteRunner

Q2      Do you know ajoke about a genie granting a wish?

A2      SteveWeiss,6h

A man was walking along a California beach when hestumbled across an old lamp. 
He picked it up and rubbed it and out popped agenie.

The genie said "OK so you released me from thelamp blah blah blah, but this is 
the fourth time this week and I'm getting alittle sick of these wishes, So you 
can forget about three. You only get onewish."

The man sat and thought about it for a while andsaid, "I've always wanted to go 
to Hawaii but I'm too scared to fly and Iget very seasick. So could you build 
me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive overthere?"

The genie laughed a replied, "That's impossible.Think of the logistics of that. 
How would the supports ever reach the bottom ofthe Pacific? Think of how much 
concrete... How much steel !!! No think ofanother wish."

The man agreed and tried to think of a really goodwish. He said, "I've been 
married and divorced four times. My wives havealways said I don't care and that 
I'm insensitive. I wish that I couldunderstand women. To know what they are 
thinking when they give me the silenttreatment, to know why they are crying, to 
know what they want when they say'nothing'..."

The geniereplies "You want that bridge two lanes or four?"

My note- It is arefreshing joke.

Q3      Is itconsidered wrong to consistently refuse giving money to relatives 
who ask forit?

A3      AnilRoongta, Former Member at Consumer Court14h

One of my maternal uncles wasn’t financially welloff. He was almost my father’s 
age. One day he called me and said that he wasfinding it difficult to make both 
ends meet in his age and his son (my cousin)wasn’t taking care of him. I felt 
quite bad for him and asked him what hismonthly expenses were. He mentioned X 
amount.

Next day I went to my bank and arranged a monthlytransfer of that amount from 
my account to my uncle’s account. That amount was credited tohis account on 
every 5th of the month. He would call me in the evening toconfirm it and say 
thanks.

This arrangement continued for 5–6 years till he passed away. After that 
Iinstructed my bank to discontinue that transfer.

2 months later, his son called me. “Bhaiyya, why have you stoppedsending the 
money? We need it.” It made me very angry. I lambasted him. “You couldn’t take 
care ofyour father and now you can’t take care of yourself? You want me to 
sendyou money all your life? You have no shame.” I banged the phone down. That 
wasthe last I heard from him.

It’s quite okay to help a relative if he or she is introuble. But if it’s a 
consistent demand, then you will have to draw a line andput your foot down.

Q4      What are somethings that look easy but are difficult?

A4      Ben A.Wise, I study myself, and I study others. Updated 5y

I asked a cycle rickshaw driver in India if I couldhave a turn. "This'll be as 
easy as riding a bicycle," I thought.

Technically,that's exactly what it is. Only that you'repulling someone else's 
weight as well. Or even that of several people.

His face had all those deep grooves from the harshsun beating down on him all 
day. His arms and legs were as thin as twigs. Hisribcage bulged through a 
sweat-drenched tanktop.

I was less than half his age and enjoyed the kind ofnutrition he could only 
dream of.

"You're atourist," he protested.

But I insisted and he sat on the vinyl seat in the back.

I mounted the driver's seat brimming with confidenceand pressed down on the 
pedal.

It didn't evenbudge.I stood upand pushed down with all my might.

The rickshawsqueaked forward a couple inches.

By this point, the driver was laughing hysterically.

I conceded defeat, we changed positions, and hesailed down the street with an 
ease I could not even begin to fathom.

And while he was no industry-disrupting maverick, hewas solving a real 
problem—helping people get from A to B.

My view of manual laborers was forever changed.

I learned that technique always trumps strength.Andthat every honest line of 
work deserves our utmost respect.

Q5      What is themost British gag ever?

A5      AndyMansh, Lives in The United Kingdom (1971–present)11h

A man starts workin a zoo. It’s a big zoo so they give him a golf buggy to 
drive between the differentparts of the site.

Anyway, he’s in the bird house. He finishes what he’sdoing and gets into the 
golf buggy. But because he’s not used to it, he accidentallyputs it into 
reverse.

Suddenly he hears a *thump*.

He climbs out of the golf buggy and realizes he’s run over a chaffinch.

Not wanting to get into trouble, he decides todispose of the body. So he drives 
over to the lion enclosure, and chucks the chaffinch’s body over thefence, in 
the hope that the lions will eat the evidence.

Anyway, later, he’s in the monkey house. He finisheswhat he’s doing and gets 
into the golf buggy. The same thing happens and heaccidentally puts it into 
reverse again.

Sure enough, he hears another *thump*.

He climbs out of the golf buggy again, and this timehe’s run over a couple 
ofchimpanzees.

He drives over to the lion enclosure again, andchucks the chimpanzee bodies 
over the fence, in the hope that the lions will eat the evidence.

Anyway, later, he’s in the insect house. He finisheswhat he’s doing and gets 
back into the golf buggy. Inevitably, he accidentallyputs it into reverse again.

*Thump*.

This time, he’s run over a bees’ nest and crushed all the bees into a 
gooeypaste.

He scoops up the mess, drives over to the lionenclosure, and chucks it all over 
the fence.

The next day anew lion arrives at the zoo.

 ‘Alright?’ hesays to the other lions. ‘Alright?’, they reply.

 ‘What’s thiszoo like then?’, he asks. ‘It’s OK’ they reply.

 ‘What’s thefood like?’

‘It’s OK. Yesterday, we had finch, chimps and mushy bees’.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/113197164.3785565.1710817080014%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to