CULTURAL QA 05-2024-11A

All theBELOW  QA are from  Quora digest to me   on  11-05-2024.

 Quoraanswers need not be 100% correct answers 

.Compiled andposted by R. Gopala krishnan,  on 11-05-2024

Q1             In Mahabharata, what was thereaction of Draupadi after learning 
that Karna was an elder son of Kunti?

A1             VishnuKumar,2y

Initially Draupadi was upset, after a day or two she advisesYudhisthira to 
return to normalcy and take up his royal duties.

Later all the other Pandavas except for Yudhisthira, alsoreturn to performing 
their routine princely duties.

However Yudhisthira and Kunti until their death, continue togrieve and mourn 
the death of Karna.

So that is the answer.

Q2             What is the single greatest pieceof career advice, and why?

A2             KanthaswamyBalasubramaniam, Lives in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India 
Dec 5

A 50 year old clerk gave me one of my most valuable pieces ofcareer advise

It was 1983, I was a new young bank officer and my branchmanager was absent. 
Suddenly the Zonal Manager calls and asks for me by name

He says “We heard of you. We have high hopes for you”

 

I felt flattered, rising higher and higher

Then he says “Yaar. One small thing. I have a FD receipt for₹30 Lakhs for this 
customer in my hand. He wants an OD. I have processed the fileand will send it 
to the branch by tomorrow, meanwhile he needs the money badlyto secure a tender 
for Dal, so just issue him a DD for ₹27 Lakhs as Loanagainst OD”

I went “Sir. Sure sir. Absolutely sir”

Then I said “Sir. I may not have the authority”

He said “Arey don’t worry. I will mention it in theapplication. He will bring 
the application. Just stamp it and send it back withthe Peon”

Again I said “Sir yes sir. Sure sir”

He finished by another round of praise

His name was Deshmane.I don't remember his first name.Maharashtrian.Hewas a 
clerk but by choice. His family owned a very prosperous department store.

Meanwhile the Peon and customer both came. The Customer hadan application and 
below was written “Manager permitted emergency authorizationby ZM” in PENCIL.

I was ready to issue the DD and consequently my life wouldhave been very 
different.Luckily another Madam called Mrs Shelke WENT FOR LUNCH

SoVI said “Sorry Sir. Madam has to enter in the ledger andonly then I can issue 
the DD so please come back in ten minutes”

The Customer left in a huff with the Peon

Deshmane said “Chalo ek chai peete hain” (Let's have tea)

Outside as we sipped tea, he asked me “Woh Application kyatha”

I repeated the whole thing and he simply said “Office mainitne saare pen hain. 
Hamara budget 30,000 ka sirf pen pe jaata hai to yehPencil main kyun likh raha 
hain???” (We have so many pens and spend 30K on pensitself so WHY IS HE WRITING 
WITH A PENCIL)

I looked blank. He looked and said “It's a good thing youdidn't become a 
lawyer. You don't have the brains” and started laughing.

Then I realized that the ZM would simply erase hisinstructions and claim I 
dubiously issued the DD and that there was no FD atall in the first place. The 
ZM would simply say he never even talked to me.

I realized “Oh F***”

The Manager was on leave so the ZM was using me, a dumbrookie as a scapegoat 
especially a Tamilian. He was a Tamilian too.

I asked Deshmane what was to be done?

He said to talk to the RM (Regional Manager who is below theZM)

I spoke to the RM and he said “Okay. Ask for a letter fromthe Customer saying 
he went to the ZM and the ZM sent him to the branch withthe Application and 
instructions and that the ZM has collected the FD receipt”

This was to call the bluff because if there was no FD, thecustomer would 
hesitate.

I said “Sir if he gives me the letter and runs away with themoney?”

He said “To apna pet pakadke bhaago. Bolo emergency hain, petdard hain aur ghar 
bhag jao” (Then clutch your stomach and run out saying youhave a stomach ache 
and go home)

After all the ZM is the RMs superior

So I asked for a Letter. By God they were all furious

The ZM yelled at me and said I didn't have potential and Iwas not an achiever 
and the customer threatened to take all his deposits out.Ikept saying “Sir I 
need a letter” fully knowing they were crooks.

Finally he left in a huff

Two days later some other patsy gave a DD from Bank ofMaharashtra and got into 
trouble because the customer escaped with multipledebts.THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ME

It's why I advice all you young POs to always be friendlywith the clerks.You 
get invaluable experience

Deshmane Sir liked me because I respected him, called him sirand never showed 
any airs

Some others would ignore clerks and think they were a classapart. In such cases 
the clerks watch was you put yourself into such situationsand enjoy them

I advised many on Quora-Whenever your superior asks somethinglike that ask him 
to PUT IT IN WRITING and in a Pen not Pencil (Email OK).

Q3             Is Kali a god?

A3             UdyanTrivedi, Senior Project Engineer at Wipro (Indian company) 
(2022–present)2y

No, Kali is a demon who was almost defeated by King Parikshitduring the last 
years of Dwaparyuga.

He was created during Samudra Manthan when Mahadev drank thewhole poison 
Halahal churned out from the ocean but some drop fell and createda being known 
as Kali demon. He is ruling the current age and sitting in mindof people who 
are mentally weak and struck in vicious cycle of

 Attachment    Anger   Lust    Desire    Delusion   Frustation    Jealousy     
Arrogance   Greed and    Corruption

These are the ten faces of Kali demon, so he is sometimesreferred to as 
Kaliyuga Ravan.

Q4             How can watermelon be good fordiabetics?

A4             WeightsLoss Diet, Health Director | Loving Father | Business 
Director1y

Watermelon is a delicious and nutritious fruit that isenjoyed by many people 
around the world. Despite its sweet taste, watermelon isrelatively low in sugar 
and calories, making it a great choice for people withdiabetes.

Here are some of the ways in which watermelon can be good fordiabetics:

1. Low glycemic index: The glycemic index is a measure of howquickly a 
particular food raises blood sugar levels. Foods with a high glycemicindex can 
cause a rapid spike in blood sugar levels, which can be problematicfor people 
with diabetes. Watermelon, however, has a relatively low glycemicindex, meaning 
that it does not cause a significant increase in blood sugarlevels.

2. High in fiber: Fiber is an important nutrient for peoplewith diabetes, as it 
helps slow the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.Watermelon is a good 
source of fiber, with around 1.5 grams of fiber per cup.

3. Rich in nutrients: Watermelon is a good source of severalimportant 
nutrients, including vitamins A and C, potassium, and lycopene. Thesenutrients 
can help support overall health and may also have specific benefitsfor people 
with diabetes.

4. Hydrating: Staying hydrated is important for people withdiabetes, as 
dehydration can cause blood sugar levels to rise. Watermelon ismore than 90% 
water, making it a great choice for staying hydrated throughoutthe day.

Despite these benefits, it is important for people withdiabetes to be mindful 
of their overall carbohydrate intake, as even low-sugar fruits likewatermelon 
can contribute to overall carbohydrate intake. It isgenerally recommended that 
people with diabetes aim to consume a balanced dietthat includes a variety of 
fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.

In summary, watermelon can be a great choice for people withdiabetes, as it is 
low in sugar, high in fiber, and rich in importantnutrients. By incorporating 
watermelon into a balanced diet, people withdiabetes can enjoy a delicious and 
nutritious fruit that supports overallhealth and helps manage blood sugar 
levels.

Q5             What are some interesting facts?

A5             Shristi, StudiedEconomics Updated Mar 9

1A one-way trip on the Trans-Siberian Railway involvescrossing 3,901 bridges

2. Japan has one vending machine for every 40 people.

3. A shrimp's heart is in its head.

4. It is impossible for most people to lick their own elbow.

5. All mammals get goosebumps.

 

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1384599748.930045.1715435714860%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to