---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: N Sekar <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2024, 7:44 PM
Subject: Fwd - Deepavali - Different phases
To: Kerala Iyer <[email protected]>, Rangarajan T.N.C. <
[email protected]>, Chittanandam V. R. <[email protected]>,
Narayanaswamy Sekar <[email protected]>, Suryanarayana Ambadipudi <
[email protected]>, Mathangi K. Kumar <[email protected]>,
Srinivasan Sridharan <[email protected]>, Rama (Iyer 123 Group) <
[email protected]>, Srinivasan K. S. <[email protected]>, Dr Sundar <
[email protected]>, Yeddanapudi Markandeyulu <[email protected]>


I have observed 3 distinct phases of Diwali in my life.

1 ) as a kid :

This was about enjoying myself.

Pre diwali shopping,
Getting up early,
having ceremonial bath,
wearing new clothes,
bursting crackers,
eating diwali 'faral',
playing with friends,
having guests and going to relatives.

2) as a parent till kids were with us :

This was about making our kids enjoy.

Pre diwali shopping,
Getting up early,
giving them a ceremonial bath,
helping them burst crackers,
keeping them safe,
seeing their joy when they ate diwali sweets,
having guests and going to relatives.

3) as an empty nester : where my children have grown up and moved fro my
home

Diwali is different.

I have no grievances. I am not sad about it. I am just documenting the
changes.

No pre diwali shopping because I require less. I have enough.

No bursting crackers as that fun is gone.

No eating unlimited sweets due to health concerns.

Less guests and relatives as nowadays all people are busy in their own
world.

Getting up early and ceremonial bathing seems more like a ritual.

Connecting with kids and friends and relatives is the only saving grace.

All thanks to the technological revolution which keeps us easily connected
to everyone.

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer
<https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=NativePlacement&c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_EmailSignatureGrowth_YahooMail:Search,Organize,Conquer&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=Global_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100000945&af_sub5=OrganizeConquer__Static_>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CABC81Zf%3D_Tmi4oYdqD7cQjvCF7HnhW-PqpLLdBzbmHH9Mb%3DV0g%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to