Actually I believe that your code is using conv2d3d in order to get it
working with 3d convolutions on the GPU.  This is now directly supported by
cudnn if you use dnn_conv() with 5d objects from the new backend.

There is some work around an abstract conv3d interface which will hopefully
be complete soon that you might be able to use.