I'm trying to train an RNN such that the weights update after each step in
the sequence - i.e. if you have really long input and label sequences, you
should be able to train on intermediate results instead of waiting until
the end. There is nothing in the documentation about this. Does scan
already do this or does it wait until the end of the sequence before doing
BPTT for each step? I tried changing the values of the shared variables
(weights) in the step function given to scan, but it does not appear to be
changing anything. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason