Thanks! I will try the CUDA_​DEVICE_​ORDER=PCI_BUS_ID idea.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Frédéric Bastien <
frederic.bast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the new gpu-backend print the PCI number that is also shown by nvidia-smi.
> So this allow to match them.
>
> https://github.com/Theano/Theano/issues/5176
>
> Also someone wrote about using the env environment CUDA_​DEVICE_​ORDER=
> PCI_BUS_ID
>
> to change cuda device order to be the same as nvidia-smi.
>
> Example of the new output.
>
> $ nvidia-smi
> Tue Nov 29 11:38:29 2016
> +-----------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------+
> | NVIDIA-SMI 367.44                 Driver Version:
> 367.44                    |
> |-------------------------------+----------------------+----
> ------------------+
> | GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr.
> ECC |
> | Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute
> M. |
> |===============================+======================+====
> ==================|
> |   0  GeForce GTX 750     On   | 0000:05:00.0      On |
> N/A |
> | N/A   66C    P0    11W /  38W |    702MiB /  1999MiB |     64%
> Default |
> +-------------------------------+----------------------+----
> ------------------+
> |   1  GeForce GTX 1080    On   | 0000:06:00.0     Off |
> N/A |
> | 30%   46C    P8     7W / 180W |      1MiB /  8113MiB |      0%   E.
> Process |
> +-------------------------------+----------------------+----
> ------------------+
>
> $ THEANO_FLAGS=device=cuda python -c "import theano"
> /Tmp/lisa/os_v5/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skcuda/cublas.py:273:
> UserWarning: creating CUBLAS context to get version number
>   warnings.warn('creating CUBLAS context to get version number')
> Mapped name None to device cuda: GeForce GTX 750
> PCI Bus ID: 0000:05:00.0
> Using cuDNN version 5103 on context None
>

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Ludwig Schmidt-Hackenberg <
> lud...@eyeem.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we are facing the same issue, that people need to remember which GPU
>> device ID is which GPU in nvidia-smi to not accidentally kill an already
>> running training.
>> Did you find any better solutions in the mean time or is Russel's script
>> still the preferred way?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ludwig
>>

>> On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 12:52:02 PM UTC+1, Sander Dieleman wrote:
>>>
>>> I've noticed that on multi-GPU machines with different types of GPUs,
>>> the ordering in 'nvidia-smi' and Theano's ordering (gpu0, gpu1, ...) can be
>>> different (and both can differ from the actual physical order of the PCI
>>> slots).
>>>
>>> This is only a minor annoyance, but is there a way to make Theano use
> [...]

*EyeEm*
Ludwig Schmidt-Hackenberg
Computer Vision Engineer
@shackenberg <http://www.eyeem.com/shackenberg>

EyeEm Mobile GmbH
Kohlfurter Strasse 4I/43, I0999 Berlin, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Florian Meissner & Lorenz Aschoff
Handelsregister Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRBI3253I