Hi all,

We wanted to let you know that we just fixed a bug that could let to
incorrect results when using indexing by an array of integers, when some
integers were duplicated.

More precisely, when an expression like this was detected:
inc_subtensor(zeros[idx], x)[idx]
where idx is an array of ints, it was always replaced by "x".
However, that is incorrect when some indices in idx are duplicated.

In the development version, there is now a warning if that optimization
would have been applied, but whether it actually let to incorrect
results depend on whether there actually are duplicates in the indices.

That issue had been introduced back in 2014.
Thanks to Dzmitry Bahdanau for reporting and pinpointing the issue.

--
Pascal