On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 10:17:26 AM UTC-4, Sym wrote:

> I am using theano 0.9.0 and this function does not exist.. I can't find it
> in the documentation either !

That would be theano.tensor.and_ with a trailing underscore.

> And in the theano docs it says that :
> __{abs,neg,lt,le,gt,ge,invert,and,or,add,sub,mul,div,truediv,floordiv}__
> Those elemwise operation are supported via Python syntax.

This is true, but the Python syntax that will call `__and__` is actually `a
&& b`, not `a and b`.

So you can use `a && b`, `and_(a, b)`, or `a * b` if you prefer.

> Le mercredi 28 juin 2017 21:15:37 UTC-4, nouiz a écrit :
>>
>> Don't use the Python "and" operation. Use theano.tensor.and(a,b) instead.
>> I think it will fix your problem.
>>
>> Le mer. 28 juin 2017 10:26, Sym <mass.c...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>

>>> I want to build a piecewise function with theano, for instance a
>>> function that is nonzero only in the interval [2,3].
>>>
>>> Here is the minimal code reproducing the error :
>>>

>>> import theano
>>> import theano.tensor as T
>>> import numpy as np
>>> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
>>>
>>> r = T.scalar()
>>> gate = T.switch( T.ge(r,2.) and T.le(r,3.) , 1., 0.)
>>> f = theano.function([r],gate)
>>> x = np.arange(0.,4.,0.05,dtype='float32')
>>> y = [f(i) for i in x]