I never used optimus on windows, so I can't help.

I would highly recommand that you install Theano 1.0rc1 after you have made
the cuda sample run. See this page:
https://github.com/Theano/Theano/wiki/Converting-to-the-new-gpu-back-end(gpuarray
)

On linux, for optimus to work, you need to enable it on the command line:

optirun python ...

You will need to find how to do this on windows.

If you find, tell us. It could help other people.