Hi,

This is just an informative warning, because several scripts are trying to compile and cache binaries at the same time. The second time the script is run, the cache should be full and this should not happen any more.
In any case, there should be no consequence on the computation or its speed.

If you specify a different cache for each process, you will get rid of the messages, but each script will compile its own versions of the binaries, so work will be duplicated and it is not clear that the computation will actually start sooner.

On 2018-04-11 04:49 PM, ivan.d.marroq...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all,

I have a windows machine with a kepler card. On this machine, I installed Conda 4.3.30 and theano 0.9.0 (along with its required packages).

I used neupy package as a front end to theano for implementing the neural network to train.

I would like to run simultaneously three scripts - each of them trains the same neural network architecture on three different data sets. My first approach was to open three conda terminals to run the scripts.

So, I let the first script to work for a short moment and then, I ran the second script. While I am waiting to run the third script, I noticed that the second script stopped and there was the following message on the conda terminal used to run the first script:

 WARNING (theano.gof.compilelock): Overriding existing lock by dead process '13168' (I am process '11140')

The first script just continued working.

any suggestion on how to solve this? or, on how to run several scripts simultaneously?

many thanks,

Ivan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "theano-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to theano-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:theano-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

Pascal Lamblin