> There’s now a filter for surveys.  What does it filter?  Makes no change
> my data and nothing in the Therion Book yet.

If you mean filter for continuation list export, it controls whether
continuation symbols without comment will be included in the list or
not.

> There are a few new warnings in 5.2.9 not present in 5.2.8;
> Warning: cannot open font map file psfonts.map, and

Completely harmless

> Warning: the turningnumber algorithms do not agree. The current computed
> value is 0, but the 'connect-the-dots' algorithm returned -1

This is produced by new metapost version, which is now included in the
windows distribution. The turningnumber (used in therion to detect
self-intersecting scrap outline) is not calculated perfectly in
metapost, so another algorithm has been included to check the
computation. If the algorithms give different results it means that
you cannot be so sure that the scrap outline is really degenerated
(and you can ignore therion's message about intersecting outline for
that scrap).

> This is probably not a 5.2.9 thing, but does it suggest that my cave has
> nearly reached Therions ability to create the pdf?
>
>  750 PDF objects out of 1000 (max. 8388607)

That's fine, just the max. value is limiting. In this case 1000 will
be dynamically increased if necessary.

Martin