> > >On Dec 20, 2010, Bruce <dangle at tomo.co.nz> wrote: > > >By survey ânameâ do you mean >what the therion book calls the âidâ?
I am not sure on this, as the tables in the sql export also use ID, but I think in a slightly different way. eg in the survey table there is an ID a name and full_name plus title. My feeling is that ID referred to in the therion book is the name referred to in the table and full_name is the ID you put after the @ when referring to surveys, eg Portal_pool.2009.Charterhouse. >I always use id and title for surveys but I >have not been using âidâ or âtitleâ for centerlines, >didnât notice they were available â will help me with my organization! >I posted on a similar topic a year or so >ago. Iâd like much better list control with optionally many more of >the fields that therion collects. At present they are too limited, the >data is âinâ Therion, but we canât get it out. But I think this might be something that Therion does not have as input, however for the none therion user is important to the end user. It is one of the questions I am asked most  >To me the âtitleâ is or should >be representative of the name that cavers colloquially use, so that gets rid of >one of your ânamesâ. I may agree, I am in that sort of thnking nprocess, but would it work for both survey and centreline?  >Donât have time to get to the gist >of what you are trying to achieve, sorry, but maybe later⦠Hope you have time later, other thought would be welcome, my mind is spinning  >I agree that the database is potentially >quite useful, but my fumbling experimentations have only ever resulted in >extremely >cumbersome beasts that, without considerable database experience, are just too >hard to use. >Have you a secret to making database usage >available to the masses? That is what I am working on, but give me some time.....months....years Andrew
