On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Bruce <dangle at tomo.co.nz> wrote:
>> supported syntax is
>> export map -output foo.bbox
>> thbook will be corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.
>
> Thank you, it works!
> I was surprised however that it appears to be latitude and longitude, when
> in my thconfig I have  ...
>
> cs EPSG:27200 #NZ Map Grid 1949
>
> ... to specify the output co-ordinate system.
>
> Is this intended and if so why?

Yes. Otherwise you would need to add coordinate specification to the
file and use coordinate transformations for further processing. The
main purpose of the file is to specify an area for which other
specialized programs automatically create digital elevation model or
download surface map from map server. One such program might be
included in future therion (as an xtherion plugin perhaps).

> And to remind about a previously mentioned request, perhaps it is possible
> in due course to include the output co-ordinate system in this type of
> output (along with caves html, map and atlas pdf output headers)?

Yes, it is planned.

Martin