On 27/05/10 13:29, Martin Budaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Andrew Atkinson<andrew at wotcc.org.uk>
> wrote:
>> import Great_Swallet.3d -surveys use -filter great_swallet -cs EPSG:27700
>> -calibrate [0 0 0 299912 99991 0]
>> #Should be -calibrate [0 0 0 300000 100000 0]
>>
>> (goodness knows why the calibrate is not right, the bodge is to align it on
>> goodle earth, probably my ignorance)
>
> Which therion version are you using? Recent versions include geodetic
> datum shift parameter which should eliminate the 90-m difference.

5.28 on ubuntu. Wookey has said that he is trying to update the
repository, so I am waiting to be the crash dummy......
But the datum shift would explain one of the jumps we got, however we
still seem to get jumps (google earth), on the same version with no
change to the cs, calibration (3d files) or the fixed points. This is
something I do not understand. Generally all the entrances are off by
the same amount, so I can go and adjust them, but it is tedious,
especially when the jump a few months latter (possibly when google earth
is updated?)
Maybe this indicates a calibrate for cs when used as output will still
be needed, even with the solution below, although in reality it should
not be.

>> cs EPSG:27700 -calibrate [0 0 0 299912 99991 0]
>>
>> gives error
>>
>> output coordinate system specification requires single parameter
>
> It is not possible to modify cs using 'calibrate' option.
>
> I guess your problem could be solved by defining custom Proj4
> coordinate system. For ST square it should be
>
> +proj=tmerc +lat_0=49 +lon_0=-2 +k=0.9996012717 +x_0=100000
> +y_0=-200000 +ellps=airy +datum=OSGB36 +units=m +no_defs
>
> Currently the 'cs' command doesn't accept custom Proj4 specifications
> like the one given above (this funcionality will be added as soon as
> possible), so the easiest way to add this projection is to modify
> thcsdata.tcl and recompile therion.
>
> In thcsdata.tcl just duplicate line 52 (s-merc projection) and replace
> 's-merc' with e.g. OSGBST and proj4 specification with the
> specification given above.
>
> Then use cs OSGBST in your data.

Thanks Martin, sounds like another good solution. I think that I will
wait for the ability to customise proj4. I have already been through an
adjusted them by hand. Plus this is a project spread over lots of cavers
and clubs (SVN is wonderful, most of the time!) and everyone having to
compile from source would be a pain (I have to go round and install the
software as it is...)

thanks

Andrew