Hi all, Trying to use Therion since some months, I subscribe to this mailing list, and thus present myself.
I am a french caver from the Vulcain caving club in France (Lyon, http://www.groupe-speleo-vulcain.com/ ) and do lots of mapping since 5/6 years or so through our explorations in the Folly massif (Samoens, France, we are still working on the Jean Bernard system and Combe aux Puaires system), Ain department and in expeditions in Asia. I am currently trying to synthesize all the survey data from the Jean- Bernard and Combe aux Puaires system (something like 40 km today, data base with more than 400 karstic phenomena). All our data where papers, visual topo and illustrator files. But to permit evolution of the map after each new surveying, I remarked that it was not possible with vtopo/illustrator without redrawing each time new junctions are done. That's why I came to Therion. Just for information, I do not know if some of you are interested in, but to be able to use my vtopo files in Therion, I wrote a small buggy code in Fortran to produce .th and thconfig files from .tro files. I am not really an informatician, so the code is not clean. However, if some of you need it, ask me ! Now, you know me ! Cheers, Xav -- Xavier ROBERT CIFAR Junior Fellow GEOTOP, Département des Sciences de la Terre et de l'atmosphère Université du Quebec a Montréal CP 8888, Succursale centre-ville MONTREAL, Quebec H3C 3P8 (1-514) 987-3000 poste 3592 xavier.robert01 at gmail.com http://www.geotop.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=861&Itemid=148 http://www2.cifar.ca/research/junior-academy/cifar-junior-fellows/?i=331 http://picasaweb.google.com/xavier.robert01
