On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:56:57 +0000, Footleg <drfootleg at gmail.com> wrote: > After an excellent and most educational workshop on Therion run by > Andrew Atkinson last weekend, I have finally started to get my teeth > into the program. What I am attempting to do is find a way to convert > surveys drawn up in other software into Therion projects without > having to redraw everything. My current aim is to get the passage > walls in so that I can build various models from my surveys. So far I > have learned enough to get the passage walls from Inkscape into a th2 > file using the Inkscape plug-in. The difficulties now come in > deciding > how to break these very large surveys up into managable size pieces. > The XTherion map editor is unmanageably slow when I import the entire > cave into a single th2 file. > > Right now I've not got specific questions and am finding my way OK. > But I wonder has anyone already written any help on how to do what I > am trying to do? Especially when to split parts of the cave into > separate scraps, and how to make sure that maps drawn in separate th2 > files join smoothly in the model? Some tips and guidance would be > very > useful to avoid pitfalls. So if someone can point me at some help > (I've not managed to find any on the wiki) that would be great. If > none exists then I will start making notes so that I can contribute > what I learn to the wiki as an example. > > Footleg
There are I think only 3 simple rules: 1. one scrap should not overlap itself 2. one scrap scrap should not contain more then approx. 100 m of passages in 1:100 scale (MetaPost limit) 3. passages should be divided into scraps in most simple places - if you will follow this recommendation then "equate scrap1 scrap2" is enough for joining two scraps. L.
